I’ve been roasting the crispy carrots forever now. They’re a staple in my meal prep and I’ve perfected the method. Very much like my broccoli, this recipe, indeed, makes the best crispy roasted carrots. They’re crisp on the outside and ends, with sweet tender insides. The right amount of salt and garlic transform these roots into something really delectable.
Table of Contents
Why These Really Are THE BEST Roasted Carrots
If you undercook carrots they taste like medicine. If you burn them they taste bitter. These carrots are roasted to their maximum potential with simple seasonings. A blank slate to add your own twist. Add herbs, add a sauce. You can season them more like my Cinnamon Tahini Carrots! I love eating these crispy carrots as fries dipped in my Egg Free Mayo.
- Carrots: pick thin carrots, or baby carrots, if they are too big you will have to cut them into match sticks.
- Redmon Real Salt: It’s my favorite salt.
- Garlic powder: this is optional, I just put garlic on everything.
- Olive oil: you can use spray or regular olive oil.
How to Roast Carrots Step by Step
- Pick your carrots carefully. You want medium to small carrots. Peel them or buy them peeled.
- Cut all the carrots down the middle, leghthwise.
- Arrange the carrots on a lightly greased sheet pan. You cant most of them facing cut side down, don’t let them overlap!
- Spray or drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of fine salt and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Roast at 400F convection for 25-30 minutes or until crispy like this.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can cook them at 425F bake or roast in a regular oven.
Yes, if you have thick carrots you can cut them lengthwise into quarters.
If you like these, you’ll love…
Looking for more free recipes?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
The Best Crispy Roasted Carrots
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Simple
- Diet: Gluten Free
Crispy and simple carrots that are addicting!
- 1 pound, small to medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 400F convection roast or 425F bake.
- Peel the carrots and halve lengthwise.
- Lay flat, arranged in rows on a lightly oiled sheet pan so they do not overlap.
- Drizzle or spray with olive oil. Then sprinkle with seasonings.
- Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes or until they look blistered with the thin tips starting to burn just a little bit. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
- You can use any oil you want.
- Buy medium to small carrots for this.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 660mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: Crispy Roasted Carrots
Leave a Comment