A simple but delicious meal that’s perfect any time of year. This AIP Sweet Potato Toast is loaded up with mashed avocado, pan-seared white fish, and cilantro. Such a delectable combination that’s good for you and easy to make.
You Need This AIP Toast
This Sweet Potato Toast is so simple and so satisfying, it’s even famous! This recipe was featured on Buzzfeed AND HuffPost. Perfect for paleo, AIP and Whole30 diets. A meal that’s got a great balance of healthy protein, fats and carbs, packed with nutrients and flavor that will make your tummy and heart sing.
Grab Your AIP Ingredients
- Mahi-mahi, cod or halibut, any white fish will work. You want a boneless and skinless filet to flake on to your sweet potato toast.
- Avocado and cilantro will add flavor to this AIP recipe.
- Salt and garlic powder (not pictured) are the only seasonings you need.
- A sweet potato, any kind will do!
Step By Step AIP Sweet Potato Toast
- Start by slicing the sweet potato legnthwise.
- Spray with coconut oil and roast at 400F for 20 mintues.
- Season fish with salt and garlic powder. In a hot cast iron skillet with a little coconut or olive oil pan fry the fish for 3 minutes a side or until cooked through.
- Mash the avocado and chop cilantro.
- Once the sweet potato is nice and toasted remove from the oven.
- Grab a few slices, 2-3 big ones and smear with avocado mash.
- Flake the fish on to the sweet potato toast.
- Garnish with cilantro and dig in! These AIP sweet potato toast are good hot or cold!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, even salmon would work or shrimp.
I would recommend you make the different components and store separately, then assemble them to serve.
Yes, try my AIP Egg Free Garlic Mayo!
You May Also Like
Looking for more free recipes?
AIP Sweet Potato Toast! Loaded with Mahi, and avocado!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces of mahi mahi or cod
- 1 teaspoon fine salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 sprigs cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F (or your air fryer).
- Slice your potato into 1/8-1/4 inch thick slices, lengthwise. Coat with 1 tablespoon oil and lay flat on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until toasty.
- Heat 1 tbsp cooking fat in a large skillet. Season fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Sear your 4oz fillet, 3-4minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Chop the cilantro and mash the avocado mixing with the remaining salt and garlic powder.
- Build your toast: spread the avocado on them. Flake the fish over them. Top with cilantro.
- You can also squeeze a wedge of lemon or lime over them.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 20.5g
- Fiber: 10.2g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: aip sweet potato toast