Hello! I’m Cristina Maria Curp, Cuban-American, mother, military spouse, food lover and dreamer. I created this blog to share my passion of food as medicine. About to turn thirty, with a baby to care for I found my self at rock bottom. Emotionally and physically.
I was severely overweight, riddled with inflammation, pain, and fatigue. Something needed to change. So I looked at my food choices. As a lifelong binge eater, I was ready to stop the vicious cycle of guilt and self-harm. That is to say… I get it. I’ve been there. I had my day one.
I wasn’t perfect about this healthy lifestyle from day one, and I still am not. But I strive every day to feel better and be better.
A mama with a history of obesity, autoimmune disease, and a whole lotta emotional baggage. If I can turn this my hot mess express around, so can you.
I KNOW, I know in my bones that real food is the key to health, and a healthy, thriving life is the key to happiness. Here at The Castaway Kitchen, our mission is to spread the word that food does heal. That you can embrace the dietary and lifestyle changes that will change your life.
I want you to feel empowered and inspired to heal! By creating delicious resources, sharing information, and my own story, my goal is to help YOU find the nutritional path that is right for you. We’re all so unique and while I do share what has worked for me, it might not be what works for you, but I will help get you there!
Start here: FOOD AS MEDICINE
10 Fun Facts About me:
- Left-handed middle child
- Married to a sailor. We have two babies, a little boy, and our schnauzer.
- Made in Miami, with Cuban parts (first generation American).
- Bilingual (hablo Español)
- I’m a big girl! 5’9 and toting size 11 feet!
- I’ve lived in Miami, San Diego, Hawaii and now Virginia
- Sociology and Anthropology Major with a background in market research
- 6 years commercial kitchen experience, 3 as executive chef
- I’m hilarious
- I’m also loud and I talk with my hands
Photo by: Rebecca Borge Photography