This AIP Carrot and Apple soup is the perfect fall dish.
A simple, nourishing meal that comes together quickly.
Soup doesn’t have to be a labor or love, and carrot soup doesn’t have to be gross. It’s all about getting a good brown on them. The sauteeing part of this recipe is essential to a great sweet flavor! Take your time, cook those carrots until you’d eat them sauteed then it’s time to blend it into soup.
This creamy, non-dairy, totally AIP Carrot Apple Soup will be a family favorite.
Looking for more free recipes?
Creamy Carrot Soup
- 3 large carrots
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 large onions
- 2 gala apples, peeled and diced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced Rosemary
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- Chop carrots, onions, peel & chop apples.
- In large pot heat olive oil on medium high. Add in onions, ginger, garlic, and carrots, sauté until tender. About 25 minutes.
- Next add in apples, rosemary, and salt. Stir well.
- Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the bone broth. Bring to a rapid boil.
- Stir. Lower heat to a simmer. Simmer with lid on for 30 minutes until carrots are very tender.
- Carefully transfer to blender & purée until smooth. Serve!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 305
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: Creamy Carrot Soup