When You Need a Hug… In A Bowl… Feel Good Soup! It’s been a heck of a week… oh wait, it’s only Tuesday.
Oh boy! Well, at least the tides are changing. Not to get into too many details, but Aunt Flo decided to run late this month, and I woke up Monday to a broken website. Proceeded by a very under the weather Sunday and a sleepless night. Feel Good Soup to the rescue! Despite the hot, hot, humid heat we’re experiencing here (Hawaii) my body is craving soup. It never does that. Seriously. But soup just sounds good for my lack of appetite and overall yuck feeling. This delicious low carb, high fat, paleo soup hit the spot, and it really does make you FEEL GOOD!
Table of Contents
What’s In Feel Good Soup?
A handful of simple ingredients. I started out going for a cream of a mushroom route, which turned into a mixed veggie soup with a bone broth base, a hint of coconut cream, and an extra collagen boost. Love! Yup, the most important ingredient. When I feel like poo and I’m whipping something up to make me feel better I put a lot of healing intention in there. Like a hug in a bowl.
Feel Good Ingredients
- Additive-Free Coconut Milk: a great source of lauric acid which is great for energy, electrolytes like magnesium and potassium
- Bonafide Provisions Bone Broth: rich in minerals to support the immune system and collagen to reduce intestinal inflammation
- Raw Coconut Vinegar: beneficial prebiotic and probiotic, 192 milligrams of potassium per tablespoon!
- Organic Lactose-Free Ghee: Rich in fat-soluble vitamins like D, E, and A. Contains butyrate a powerful anti-inflammatory fatty acid.
- Collagen Peptides: Added protein boost, gut support, and nail and hair health.
- Baby Bella Mushrooms: Great Source of selenium (support the immune system and thyroid function), niacin (aids in macro metabolism and synthesis of endocrine hormones), and copper (aids in iron absorption, production of red blood cells, and collagen).
- Baby Spinach: Tons of vitamins, folate, fiber, zinc, choline!
Step by Step Recipe Pictures
You want to start by heating a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Add in the ghee and let it melt. Saute the mushrooms with garlic and herbs until browned.
Add in the vinegar to deglaze the pot, then pour in the bone broth and the coconut cream. It will be a delightful cream of mushroom at this point, but we’re not done. Mix in the cauliflower rice and spinach until tender.
Stir in the nutritional yeast, and collagen and let it simmer together for a bit. Then you’re ready to dig in. Feel better instantly with a bowl of Feel Good Soup! A favorite from my cookbook Made Whole.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can replace them with something else! Any veggie will do. Some folks use zucchini.
Use coconut oil instead of ghee. Omit the collagen and use veggie broth instead of bone broth.
Yes! You can use low histamine broth. Omit the vinegar and use kale instead of spinach. Omit the nutritional yeast.
Absolutely! Beef it up with ground beef, turkey or pork or mixed in shredded chicken.
You can use apple cider vinegar!
Looking for more free recipes?
An easy and nutrient dense recipe the entire family will love! Feel Good Soup is your next chicken noodle 😉
- 1 tablespoon ghee (coconut oil for AIP)
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme, fresh
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Pinch of nutmeg (omit for AIP)
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar
- 1 cup bone broth
- ¼ cup coconut cream (milk fat from chilled coconut milk can)
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 3 fistfuls of baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2–4 scoops collagen peptides (optional)
- Heat the ghee over medium heat in a medium pot. Once it begins to brown add in the garlic, mushrooms, thyme and seasonings.
- Sauté, stirring often, until aromatic and wilted, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the coconut vinegar and deglaze the pan, scraping up any goodness that stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add in the broth and coconut cream and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the cauliflower rice and spinach and cook here for 5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast and peptides until dissolved.
- Serve, sip, enjoy. Feel good!
- Read the FAQ’s
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 23g
Keywords: Feel Good Soup