I’m one of those people who waited until the lockdowns to get an air fryer, but I’m in love. I make so many healthy air fryer meals each week. When delicata squash is in season, I love making these air fryer delicata squash chips. They’re crispy and easy to make and go well with just about everything!
Why You Need These Delicata Squash Chips
If you love crispy foods or crave crunchy snacks, these air fryer delicata squash chips are for you. Delicata squash is a small squash that has a short season in the fall/ winter. It’s mild and nutty, you can eat the skin and they make the cutest rings. Just seed, slice, and season! These chips are dunkable, dippable, and the perfect base for my Delicata Squash Nachos!
Air Fryer Delicata Chip Ingredients
- 1-2 delicata squash
- Salt – I like Redmond Real Salt
- Cooking Spray – I like using coconut, olive oil or avocado oil
- Your favorite seasonings – I’m using Organic Sazón by Loisa
- Grad your air fryer – I use the Ninja Foodi that flips up to save counter space!
Step by Step Air Fryer Chips
- Half your delicata squash in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Then slice each half into thin slices, 1/8 inch thick.
- Toss with salt and your desired seasonings, using 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and 1/2 a teaspoon of seasoning per squash.
- Then arrage then delicata squash in a flat layer on the air fryer basket and spray with coconut oil.
- Air fry at 400F for 12-15 minutes or until browned and crispy! You need to watch them.
- Remove and turn over or toss an bit and then give them another 1-2 minutes as needed. Serve hot or at room temp.
Frequently Asked Questions
You could always slice butternut squash thinly and follow the recipe, but it won’t work the same with summer squash like zucchini.
Yes, you can just use salt and pepper or use your favorite blend.
Yes, toss rings in 1-2 tablespoons olive oil before laying on basket of the air fryer
You Might Also Like…
Looking for more free recipes?
The best air fryer veggie chips
- 2 medium delicata squash
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon Sazón
- coconut oil spray (1 -2 tablespoons)
- Halve your delicata squash and use a spoon to scrape out all the seeds.
- Then slice the squash into 1/8 thick inch rings.
- Toss with salt and sazón then arrange flat on the air fryer basket.
- Spray liberally with coconut oil spray and air fry at 400F until browned and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Turn over or toss and give them another 2 minutes if needed.
- You can use any seasoning you like.
- You can use olive oil or avocado oil instead of coconut oil.
- Serving Size: 1/2 squash
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: air fryer delicata squash chips