After two solid two months with my air fryer I am so excited to share my first paleo and keto airy fryer recipe on the blog! This is one of those recipes that is so fast, so simple, and so yummy- it has quickly become a staple in our house. With Air Fryer magic it takes under 30 minutes to have on the table and can serve a whole family.
Why This Recipe Works
It has Bratwursts- what else do you need? Just kidding…kind of. It took me long enough to buy an air fryer but now that I have I am obsessed. We’re always using it to make easy recipes like this Air Fryer Broccoli and Brats. It makes great leftovers and can also be worked for anytime of day: Wanna make it breakfast? Fry an egg on top! Snack? Eat it as is. Wanna make a bigger dinner? Whip up this AIP Cauliflower puree that is ALSO ready in 30 minutes and voila.
Keto Air Fryer Dinner Ingredients
- The star of this dish is the keto and Whole30 compliant Sugar-Free Bratwursts. They’re from Pederson’s Farms, and nightshade-free. Double smoked, made with quality pork raised in Tx. Family-owned and absolutely delicious. You can get them delivered right to your door!
- Broccoli crowns or you can use the pre-cut broccoli florets to save time. I don’t recommend frozen broccoli because it won’t crisp.
- Avocado oil spray or you can use any healthy cooking fat.
- Unrefined salt, I like Redmond Real Salt or Celtic Sea Salt.
- A Vidalia or sweet onion.
An Easy 2-Step Recipe
- Step 1: Cut up all the ingredients. Slice the brats, dice the onion and broccoli.
- Step 2: Combine in the air fryer basket, sprinkle with salt and spray with oil, then air fry
- Enjoy! I love serving this recipe over my 5 ingredients Whipped Cauliflower Puree.
Which Air Fryer?
I am using the Ninja SP101 Foodi 8-in-1 Air Fryer oven. I chose it over others because I the Ninja Foodi appliances are great and I love that this one folds up to save counter space. It also has a nice, wide basket that allows me to make meals that serve 3-4 people with one cook. This meal is perfect for it. I pile all the ingredients in the basket, spread it out, and air fry. Did you know that air frying is just convection roasting, where hot air is circulated around the food by fans? The benefit of air fryers over full-size ovens for this is that they use less power and heat up much faster!
Frequently Asked Questions
They are! I love that Pederson’s lists ALL of their ingredients on their labels. These No Sugar Added Double Smoked Bratwursts have: PORK, WATER, VINEGAR, LESS THAN 2% OF: MACE, WHITE PEPPER, NUTMEG, CULTURED CELERY POWDER AND SEA SALT, GINGER.
Absolutely! Coconut oil or ghee too!
Looking for more free recipes?
A super easy and tasty air fryer dinner!
- 1 pack Pederson’s Sugar-Free Bratwursts
- 3 broccoli crowns
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- avocado oil spray
- Slice brats and cut up the broccoli florets, and dice the onion.
- Toss everything with salt and spray with avocado oil in your air fryer basket. Works best in a large basket. See post for my air fryer details.
- To cook, air fry at 415F for 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- I am using this appliance: Ninja SP101 8-in-1 Air Fryer
- Works with any veggies, you can use Brussel sprouts or cauliflower too!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 15.5g
- Carbohydrates: 15.5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 26.4g
Keywords: air fryer broccoli and bratwursts