This nutrient-dense cruciferous vegetable truly transforms into something so much more magical when it is roasted properly. In my home, we consume this crispy roasted broccoli by the sheet pan. Even my five year old can’t get enough of these toasty, tiny trees.
Why this Crispy Roasted Broccoli Rocks
Other than the aforementioned, awesome deliciousness of crispy roasted broccoli, there are the health benefits. Broccoli packs Vitamins C, K, and Folic Acid. Vit C isn’t just immune boosting, it’s a powerful antioxidant. It also has some cool compounds like kaempferol as really amazing anti-inflammatory flavanoid (flavonoids are plant pigments that do cool stuff, which is why eating a colorful diet is important). My favorite broccoli superpower is DIM (diindolylmethane), a component that helps the body metabolize estrogen.Broccoli packs Vitamins C, K, and Folic Acid. Vit C isn't just immune boosting, it's a powerful antioxidant. It also has kaempferol as really amazing anti-inflammatory flavanoid (flavonoids are plant pigments that do cool stuff, which is why eating a colorful diet is important).
How to serve this roasted broccoli recipe
I like to serve my crispy roasted broccoli with Cilantro Aioli and snack on it or serve it up with a steak or fried eggs! You can meal prep this roasted broccoli and add it to your favorite dishes, like this Keto Noodle Bowl is AIP Teriyaki Sauce.
- Broccoli – a powerhouse of nutrients!
- Olive oil – high quality olive oil is key for the crispy factor. Read more about what to look for in an olive oil HERE.
- Garlic powder – I like to use organic garlic powder.
- Salt – essential for flavor, but also for electrolytes!
Step by Step Instructions
Start by cutting your broccoli crowns into florets. Drizzle with olive oil, add the salt and garlic powder. Massage the oil and seasonings into the broccoli.
Arrange the florets with the stems up on the sheet pan and put the broccoli in the oven. Then turn it on to 400F. Roast in the oven, middle rack for 30 minutes. Then turn the oven off and leave them in there 5 minutes. Then serve! This makes THE BEST Crispy Roasted Broccoli.
Frequently Asked Questions
Roasted vegetables are always delicious and 400F for 30 minutes is pretty standard. But I like to tweak my methodology for each veggie.
Absolutely! Any healthy fat will work!
I use Nordic Ware sheet pans!
I have an entire post dedicate to olive oil, check that out here.
Looking for more free recipes?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
The Best Crispy Roasted Broccoli
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: sides
- Method: roasted
- Cuisine: vegetables
So, you want anti-inflammatory, immune boosting, antioxidant, hormone balancing goodness? Eat broccoli! And if you make it like this, Crispy Roasted Broccoli, you will want to eat it by the truckload!
- 3–4 crowns broccoli (4–5 cups of florets)
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Trim the florets from your broccoli crowns, cut as close to the floret as possible so they come out small and not large. If you have some big florets, cut them into smaller pieces.
- Put them on a sheet pan and sprinkle with seasonings and drizzle the olive oil. Use your hands to toss and massage the broccoli florets until the seasonings and oil are evenly incorporated all over the florets.
- Spread them out evenly over the sheet pan so they’re not very crowded. Turn your florets tree side down. This will up the crispy factor.
- Place them in the oven, then turn the oven on to 400F. Set a timer for 30 minutes.
- At the 30-minute mark, turn the oven off and leave the broccoli in there an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool. Serve with cilantro aioli.
- Other delicious seasoning ideas: ground ginger and mustard powder, cumin and citrus zest, sesame seeds and garlic, minced garlic, and mustard seeds… the possibilities are endless!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 53
- Fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 1.9g
Keywords: crispy roasted broccoli
Leave a Comment