Paleo Zucchini Bread is a delicious and easy way to use up all that summer squash. This recipe bakes up easy and is extra tasty with cinnamon and walnuts. Perfect for breakfast or dessert.
Table of Contents
The Best Paleo Zucchini Bread
You’re going to love this paleo zucchini bread! The recipe is a spin on my super popular Sugar-Free Breakfast Muffins. This fluffy and buttery recipe is the perfect base for zucchini bread. I added a little more coconut flour to compensate for the moisture of the zucchini.
The result is a perfect paleo zucchini bread that is truly PACKED with zucchini, boasting 1 1/2 cups of grated (and drained) fresh zucchini! That’s a lot of veg mixed into the perfect loaf.
Grain-Free Zucchini Bread Ingredients
Simple ingredients, this paleo zucchini bread uses common paleo flours, melted ghee, and vanilla bean.
- 1-2 large zucchini, grated and squeezed. It’s important to get as much water out of the zucchini as possible.
- Blanched almond flour, you want a finely ground almond flour, from almonds without skin on them. The difference is that non-blanched almonds create a speckled flour vs a white one.
- Coconut flour, always use sparingly, it’s VERY absorbant.
- Vanilla bean scrapping, or you can use extract too.
- Melted ghee or grass-fed butter, however, coconut oil will work too.
- The chopped walnuts are optional, but delicious
- Cinnamon for spice, but you can also do cardamom or nutmeg!
Step by Step Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
- Whisk together dry flours and then make a well.
- In the well combine the eggs and melted butter and whisk.
- Then fold in the flour until a dough forms.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and zucchini.
- Mix until well combined.
- Transfer mix to a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for an hour or until golden brown and cooked through.
Tips and Tricks for Successful Baking
Grain-free baking can be a little finicky, then you add in a wet component like zucchini and it can seem impossible. I’m here to show you how to make paleo zucchini bread perfectly.
- Start with room-temp ingredients, especially the eggs.
- Measure your flour by spooning the flour into the measuring cup and then scraping the top of the cup with a butter knife to level it out. This ensures you’re not packing your cup too tight which will result in dry bread.
- Whisk dry ingredients vigorously to air out and remove all clumps.
- Whisk eggs and butter until frothy, but once you combine the wet and dry – Don’t over-mix!
- Always let your loaf cool before unmolding.
Other Paleo Sweet Breads + Cakes
- Paleo Carrot Cake with Cashew Frosting
- Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Filling
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Avocado Brownies
- Paleo Blender Blueberry Bread
- Keto Blueberry Muffins
Looking for more free recipes?
This veggie-packed sweet bread is perfect for breakfast or dessert
- 1 1/2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grain free baking powder
- 1 scant teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or golden Lakanto (for keto)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted ghee (or coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (1 bean vanilla scrapping)
- 1 1/2 cup grated and squeeze zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare your zucchini ahead of time (see video). Grate it and wrap in a kitchen towel and squeeze out all the water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, salt, baking powder and coconut sugar until no clumps are left. Make a well in the center of the flour mix.
- Open the eggs into the well, and add the melted fat and vanilla extract. Whisk until frothy.
- Fold in the dry mix to the wet mix until a dough forms. Fold in the zucchini and walnuts.
- Grease a small loaf pan with oil lightly and transfer the bread mix to the pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. Bake on the center rack for 60 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Let cool for 30-40 minutes before unmolding.
- To make it keto use cup for cup granulated keto sweetener like Lakanto.
- Walnuts are optional.
- Macros are for 10 slices per loaf
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 159
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: paleo zucchini bread