This veggie-packed sweet bread is perfect for breakfast or dessert
- 1 1/2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grain free baking powder
- 1 scant teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or golden Lakanto (for keto)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted ghee (or coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (1 bean vanilla scrapping)
- 1 1/2 cup grated and squeeze zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare your zucchini ahead of time (see video). Grate it and wrap in a kitchen towel and squeeze out all the water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, salt, baking powder and coconut sugar until no clumps are left. Make a well in the center of the flour mix.
- Open the eggs into the well, and add the melted fat and vanilla extract. Whisk until frothy.
- Fold in the dry mix to the wet mix until a dough forms. Fold in the zucchini and walnuts.
- Grease a small loaf pan with oil lightly and transfer the bread mix to the pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. Bake on the center rack for 60 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Let cool for 30-40 minutes before unmolding.
- To make it keto use cup for cup granulated keto sweetener like Lakanto.
- Walnuts are optional.
- Macros are for 10 slices per loaf
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 159
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: paleo zucchini bread