Because I needed something on the table without bacon. Whoops! Just kidding, these Dijon Pomegranate Brussel Sprouts are all that!
Toasty, sweet, crunchy and just begging to be devoured. I know this because shorty after photographing it, I ate it all. No regrets.
The addition of pomegranate is a great pop of color! When you think about it, thanksgiving spreads can be rather …. well… brown. Except for the cranberry sauce, which I don’t do… because it’s gross, end of story.
This pomegranate studded vegetable dish the stunning, sticky, sweet and savory goodness, bonus it’s easy to make and roasts up in no time, for free you oven for other things, like you know, the turkey. It’s also nut free, coconut free, dairy free (option) and egg free!
Did You Know?
That drawer under your oven is not actually storing for your baking pans, it’s a warming oven. So pop your casseroles and side dishes in there while your turkey bakes so everything is hot and ready to go at the same time.
I know, my mind was blown too.
Castaway Thanksgiving Menu
Dijon Pomegranate Roasted Brussle Sprouts
Shop For Thanksgiving Essentails:
Looking for more free recipes?
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon coconut or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Place the Brussel sprouts and sliced garlic on the sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt.
- In a small bowl melt the fat then mix in the coconut aminos, mustard, vinegar and pomegranate seeds.
- Pour half of the sauce over the veggies and toss to combine. Save the rest for after.
- Then spread the brussel sprouts out over the sheet pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until crispy.
- Use a thin spatula to scrape all the goodness off of the sheet pan. Mix and serve.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over the Brussel sprouts.
- Garnish with a few extra pomegranate seeds!
- If cooking more than a pound at a time, and if the sheet pan is a little more crowded you shoukd use two sheet pans and increase the cooking time by 5 minutes as needed.