A non-chocolate treat? Who am I?? Hehe… well this Vanilla Tahini Fudge is a delicious reason to set that chocolate aside. I love the toasty tahini flavor, the familiar vanilla, and the creamy coconut. With a handful of ingredients, these freeze fudge bars are an easy treat, snack, or fat bomb to keep stashed away for … well, any reason!
Dairy Free and Nut Free Fat Bomb
Fat bombs became popular with the keto movement. No longer was eating a mouthful of fatty goodness frowned upon. After decades of playing the villain, humans once again embraced healthy, real food fats. If you’ve searched for keto fat bomb recipes or fudge recipes you will see a lot of dairy. I love this recipe because it’s dairy-free and nut-free. Coconuts are not botanical nuts nor are they tree nuts, they’re a drupe, more fruit, no matter what the FDA says, because #science. You’re doing to love this keto vanilla fat bomb that’s dairy and nut free!
About the Ingredients:
Tahini: A good source of methionine which aids in liver detox, vitamin E and a few of the B’s too! This organic tahini is non-gmo and affordable!
Coconut Cream: Is a great dairy free alternative to baking and cooking. Use it like you would heavy cream! You can buy coconut cream like this or buy full fat, unsweetened coconut milk, and put it in the fridge for the cream to separate to the top, like this canned coconut milk.
Coconut Oil: Other than being a great saturated fat, great for cooking, frying and baking… Coconut fat is rich in MCT’s (medium chain triglycerides) which help your body stay in ketosis!
Stevia Glycerite: This type of stevia is my favorite. It’s not as strong or bitter as the dropper variation. It’s sweet and mild. I really like it, you use a little more than the dropper kind, so if you’re using regular liquid stevia you will need to use much less. Perhaps 10-20 drops. This stevia is so mild I measure it in teaspoons. It is becoming my favorite keto sweetener. I use the Now Foods brand stevia glycerite for this recipe.
Vanilla Bean: Using vanilla extract is A-ok too! I just prefer the rich flavor of vanilla bean scrapings. I slit the bean with a paring knife, unfold the sides open and use the knife to scrape out the sticky, black insides. 2 beans will only yield about 1/2 a tsp but that is enough!! This stuff is GOLD. But expensive, these vanilla beans for example, or you can go the vanilla extract route.
Tips and Tricks for these Vanilla Fat Bombs
- Do not overheat the mix. This will cause some weird texture issues. You’re only heating to soften the fats so your ingredients mix seamlessly.
- Let it cool before freezing. You want to temper the mix.
- Store in an air tight container in the freezer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, if you eat cheese you can do this. Same amount.
I would use 2 tablespoons and heat it with the fats to it melts.
Any nut or seed butter would work! Different flavor profiles, but same concept.
Step by Step Vanilla Tahini Keto Fudge
Start by combining the tahini, coconut oil and coconut. cream in a small sauce pan. Warm on low heat, stirring constantly until very creamy and fully incorporated. Take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla, stevia and salt.
Pour the mixture into your prepared mold. Freeze until firm and then un-mold. Cut into 6 squares and enjoy! Store in the freeze in tuppeware.
Looking for more free recipes?
Raw, easy, 5 ingredient keto fudge, that’s not chocolate! Keto Vanilla Fat Bombs like no other!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, or 2 bean scrapings
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon stevia glycerite, to taste
- In a small sauce combine the coconut oil, coconut cream and tahini.
- Stir continuously over very low heat until just combined.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla, salt, and stevia and continue to whisk until the mix cools a bit and is creamy.
- Divide the mixture between 6 silicone molds, or pour into a small loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for 1 hour or until completely firm.
- If using a silicone mold, pop them out of the molds and store them in Tupperware in the freezer.
- If using a loaf pan, lift up with parchment paper and cut into 6 squares. Store in Tupperware in the freezer.
- Read tips and tricks and FAQs
- Serving Size: 1 fat bomb
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5g
- Fiber: .9g
- Protein: 1.8g
Keywords: keto vanilla fat bombs