Seriously, this keto hamburger soup tastes like you threw a burger in a blender. It’s got all the savory, juicy, fatty, saucy, tangy taste. My husband was a huge fan. He even says to remind you all to make a double batch! This recipe creates two large bowls… which apparently wasn’t enough for my household, so you have been warned!
Tastes Like A Whole30 Approved Whopper
If you’re on a Whole30 or just dairy-free this soup is for you. Bonus, it’s free of tomatoes – which is great for those of us who don’t eat nightshades. This soup truly tastes like a burger and it won’t cause bloat or inflammation. It’s a one-pot recipe that’s true comfort food. Grass-fed beef, crispy bacon, and yes pickled, onions and lettuce too! Trust me on the toppings, it’s so worth it!
- Grass fed ground beef: I like 85% lean from Butcher Box.
- Primal Kitchen mayo or homemade mayo, but you want a healthy mayo.
- Dijon mustard
- Pickle Brine: just trust this, it really adds that legit flavor.
Shop This Recipe:
Through this move, despite all my efforts, I am seeing some inflammation creep in. This has me livid. I’ve been inflammation and flare-free for a long time. This nightshade and dairy-free, mostly nut-free, paleo but also keto with a splash of Whole30 and AIP mixed in way of eating I have created for myself has been the most transformative stuff ever. So I’m kinda mad about this hot, red, tender knuckle on my left hand.
I am also aware that STRESS IS A KILLER. Sometimes there will be things you can’t control and I just have to cope. One thing is for sure, my eating habits remain unchanged. This keto hamburger soup is just the kind of meal I would eat anytime. Its packed with goodness, it’s anti-inflammatory, and it’s tasty AF.
So, red spot or not… I’m going to keep calm and carry on. Trust the process and the work I’ve put in. Trust that once things settle down, so will my stress levels and inflammatory symptoms. Besides, my worst day today is still better than my best day 3 years ago!
What Are Nightshades?
Tomatoes, Potatoes, Eggplant, and any kind of pepper (not peppercorns, but chili pepper, paprika etc). If you hadn’t noticed, I don’t cook with them ever. They are very inflammatory to me. I haven’t had them in three years. It IS doable. My cookbook, Made Whole is also nightshade-free.
Looking for more free recipes?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Keto Hamburger Soup (dairy free, paleo, nightshade free)
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Comfort food at it’s finest, and healthiest!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons paleo mayo
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cups bone broth
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle brine (optional)
To garnish and optional:
- Sliced pickles
- Crispy bacon
- Shredded lettuce
- Green Olives
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add in the cooking oil.
- When it comes to temperature add in the onion, celery and garlic.
- Sauté until softened and aromatic, about 8 minutes.
- Crumble in the ground beef and the seasoning, breaking up and stirring with a whisk.
- Cook, stirring often until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in the mayo and the mustard until creamy.
- Then add in the broth and brine. Stir well then cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Open the lid and bring to a boil, stirring often for 5 minutes. Take it off the heat.
- Serve hot! Add toppings and garnishes if desired.
Make a double batch, trust me!
- Serving Size: 1/3 recipe
- Calories: 468
- Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 40g
Keywords: dairy free hamburger soup
Leave a Comment