I love a good seafood chowder, but after I did AIP any restaurant chowder was out. Enter this Dairy-Free Cod Chowder! It’s chock full of veggies, easy to make and truly delicious!
You’re Going to Love This Dairy-Free Chowder
The magical texture here comes from cauliflower cream! It’s easy to make and will take your allergen-free cooking to the next level. Cod is the perfect fish for this dairy-free seafood chowder because it’s not fishy and it falls apart into buttery morsels.
Looking for more free recipes?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Dairy Free Creamy Cod Chowder
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Seafood
AIP, Paleo, Whole30 & LowCarb Cod Chowder
- 1lb true cod
- 2 medium carrots
- 8 fresh okra (green beans or asparagus would work too)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 celery leaf stalk
- 1 small vidalia onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp pink himilayan salt
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup bone broth
- 2 cups cauliflower cream (or coconut cream, or cashew milk)
- 3 slices bacon
- Slice all your vegetables in long thin strips or in diagonal slices.
- Slice your cod into 1-inch chunks. Cut your bacon into small pieces.
- In a large pot, cook bacon until crispy. Remove draining the fat in the pot.
- Add in onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Stir, sauteing often until tender.
- Add in okra, stir well. Add in chunks of cod.
- Add in seasoning. Stir well. Once the fish is lightly browned add in the broth and cauliflower cream.
- Bring to a rapid boil. Stir, reduce heat, stir in bacon & cover. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedge and lots of fresh cilantro!
- Serving Size: 1/3 recipe
- Calories: 898
- Fat: 40g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 87g
Keywords: Cod Chowder
Leave a Comment