AIP, Paleo, Whole30 & LowCarb Cod Chowder
- 1lb true cod
- 2 medium carrots
- 8 fresh okra (green beans or asparagus would work too)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 celery leaf stalk
- 1 small vidalia onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp pink himilayan salt
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup bone broth
- 2 cups cauliflower cream (or coconut cream, or cashew milk)
- 3 slices bacon
- Slice all your vegetables in long thin strips or in diagonal slices.
- Slice your cod into 1-inch chunks. Cut your bacon into small pieces.
- In a large pot, cook bacon until crispy. Remove draining the fat in the pot.
- Add in onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Stir, sauteing often until tender.
- Add in okra, stir well. Add in chunks of cod.
- Add in seasoning. Stir well. Once the fish is lightly browned add in the broth and cauliflower cream.
- Bring to a rapid boil. Stir, reduce heat, stir in bacon & cover. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedge and lots of fresh cilantro!
- Serving Size: 1/3 recipe
- Calories: 898
- Fat: 40g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 87g
Keywords: Cod Chowder