Creamy, caramel-y, slightly sweet goodness. This easy toasted coconut butter is perfect for a paleo dessert topping, or as a base for an asian inspired sauce.
Table of Contents
Toasted coconut butter: not a recipe, really, but totally delicious
I first dreamed up the idea of toasted coconut butter when I was trying to come up with a paleo alternative to a roux for my Paleo Chicken Piccata. I used toasted coconut butter in that recipe for a savory sauce, and once I tried it, I knew I had to bring this beauty to the blog to stand on its own.
It’s silky, smooth, and slightly sweet … with a beautiful caramel-like depth. The color is gorgeous, and the flavor is out of this world. A one ingredient sauce starter that you can use for anything savory, sweet, or somewhere in between. I like Nutiva or Artisana coconut butter or coconut manna, you can get them online or at Whole Foods.
How to enjoy this toasted coconut butter
Once you taste this sauce, I’m sure you’ll think of a thousand ways to enjoy it, but here are a couple of my favorite ways to use this nut free deliciousness.
- It makes a great nut free base for Asian sauces — just add aminos, vinegar, and fish sauce. Drizzle over a stir fry or lettuce wraps
- Try it as a sweet topping — make it a bit sweeter and add stevia. Enjoy with fruit
- Spread on toast — this keto sandwich bread is a great paleo option
- Enjoy it on its own — just be sure to scoop some into a bowl so that you don’t contaminate the jar.
More ways to enjoy toasted coconut butter
I’m telling you, this flavor is crave-worthy. If you find yourself looking for more ways to enjoy toasted coconut butter, try my Paleo Chicken Piccata, my Toasted Coconut Butter Fat Bombs, or the Toasted Coconut Butter Salmon in Made Whole.
Looking for more free recipes?
- Submerge the sealed jar in a bowl with warm water to soften. Once you can stir it with a spoon it’s ready.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Use a spatula to empty the jar into the skillet.
Stir gently for several minutes, until the mix turns a light brown and begins to toast.
- You can toast it to your liking, but don’t let it get too dark or it will be bitter.
- Transfer the melted, toasted butter to a cup or bowl and whisk until smooth. Store in a glass jar at room temperature. Warm in water to soften and use.
net carbs per tablespoon: 1g
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: toasted coconut butter, paleo butter, paleo sauce, paleo caramel, keto caramel