Why I Love These Fat Bombs
I love recipes like these Toasted Coconut Butter Fat Bombs because they mark all the boxes. Full of healthy fats like cacao butter and coconut (hello MCT’s), antioxidants from the cacao, and lightly sweetened. Free of eggs and nuts. No dairy. And if you use carob you could even make these AIP.
Did you see the new recipe index?
You can sort recipes via VERY specific dietary needs! It’s a filtering system designed to help you find exactly what you need whether that be egg free, nut free, keto recipes or AIP keto recipes or paleo, entree recipes that use chicken.
To Make These Toasted Coconut Fat Bombs AIP
Instead of dark chocolate use:
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
Melt this until smooth in the saucepan. Then transfer to the mold to set. I find carob naturally sweet, so I would not add anything, but you can use a teaspoon of my
Low Carb Date Syrup if you please, recipe here. Omit the vanilla extract.
Tools for Perfect Fat Boms
- Silicone Mold
- Small Whisk
- Heatproof bowl
- Measuring spoons + cups
Looking for more free recipes?
Healthy fats and antioxidants, this no sweetener added treat is perfect for your healthy lifestyle!
- 1 bar Alter Eco Blackout, 2.82 ounces (or other dark chocolate)
- 2 teaspoons ghee (or coconut oil for AIP)
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (omit for AIP)
- Pinch of flake salt
- In a small sauce pot over low heat, slowly, melt the chocolate with the ghee (or coconut oil). Stir until smooth, then transfer to your mold, 2 teaspoons per serving. Tap mold down on the counter so the chocolate spreads to an even layer. Put the mold in the freezer on an even surface; so the chocolate sets while you prepare the next layer.
- Wash your sauce pot and place it back on the burner over medium heat. Put the coconut butter and coconut oil in the pot. If your coconut butter is super solid run hot water on the jar to soften.
- Melt the coconut butter and coconut oil in the sauce pot until the coconut butter is liquid and begins to toast and brown. Mix in the vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Remove from heat. Take the silicone mold out of the freeze and spoon 1 teaspoon(ish) of coconut butter mix over the chocolate layer. Tap the mold down on the counter to even out the mix. Sprinkle the salt and place it in the freezer to harden, at least 30 minutes.
- Pop them out of the molds and store in airtight containers in the freezer until you need a fix.
See post for AIP modifications.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 179.3
- Fat: 17.6
- Carbohydrates: 6.3g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 1.7g
Keywords: toasted coconut fat bombs