Sheet Pan Dinners are a busy parent’s dream come true! You can feed the entire family and only have a sheet pan to clean. This Bacon Wrapped Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is comfort food made easy. Cream cheese stuffed chicken, wrapped in bacon and baked to crispy perfection with carrots.
Table of Contents
Sheet Pan Dinners are THE BEST
It’s easy to clean up and clean the plate flavors. With just a handful of ingredients, you can feed 4 or more people a meal that everyone will love. This Bacon Wrapped Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is simple, delicious, and flexible, so you can make it work for your family.
Easy Sheet Pan Dinner Ingredients
- Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts. I like to go with smaller ones, or you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs too!
- Bacon! This makes sure the chicken doesn’t dry out during cooking and adds loads of flavor.
- Dairy Free (or not) French Onion Dip or Flavored Cream Cheese. If you’re going dairy free, use a nut-based product. I tried this with VioLife (coconut oil based) and the French Onion Dip just turned liquid. I recommend Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese. Alternatively, you can use my Dairy Free Alfredo or Dairy Free Mozz Blocks.
- Carrots can be any kind you like, I just love colorful veggies. If you hate carrots, you can use sweet potato, regular potato, or any veggie you like here!
Six Easy Steps to Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Dinner
Always start a recipe by preparing the mise en place; this means measuring out all your ingredients and gathering your tools. It makes the cooking process so much smoother.
- Cut your carrots in half, horizontally, then in half vertically, then again vertically to make sticks. Set them up on the sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by cutting into them from the size and cutting vertically, to open them up like a book.
- Smear 2 tablespoons of your preferred filling. Sprinkle with herbs.
- Close and wrap in 1-2 slices of bacon. Wrap the bacon tightly so there are no gaps.
- Arrange the bacon-wrapped chicken on the sheet pan with the carrots. Roast at 400F for 35-40 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, omit the black pepper. Use AIP-compliant bacon. Use the AIP version of my Mozz Blocks or other AIP spread for the filling.
This recipe is Whole30 compliant with Kite Hill products – just keep it dairy free. Use Whole30-compatible bacon.
This recipe is already keto-friendly. Just portion your carrots correctly, and serve with a side salad. Or use jicama instead of carrots.
Looking for more free recipes?
A simple dinner that can feed the family. Stuffed and bacon-wrapped chicken with roasted carrots.
- 7–8 large carrots, cut into sticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 medium chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 7 ounces dairy-free cream cheese spread (or preferred filling)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 8 slices bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the carrots into sticks and arrange them on the sheet pan, leaving about 1/3 of the pan for the chicken.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle the carrots with 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and smear 2 tablespoons of filling into each one. Season inside and out with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried herbs. Close and wrap each one with 2 slices of bacon.
- Place on the empty spot on the sheet pan and roast for 35-40 minutes at 400F or until the bacon is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot. Goes great with a simple green salad on the side.
- Can I make this recipe AIP? Yes, omit the black pepper. Use AIP-compliant bacon. Use the AIP version of my Mozz Blocks or other AIP spread for the filling.
- Can I make this recipe Whole30? This recipe is Whole30 compliant with Kite Hill products – just keep it dairy free. Use Whole30-compatible bacon.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 555
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 2029mg
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 47g
Keywords: bacon wrapped chicken sheet pan dinner