Need a quick dinner idea or an easy potluck option? These sticky chicken skewers are it!
I took these to your 4th of July potluck and they were a hit. Easy to make and perfect for your next tailgate, birthday or bbq! Besides sticky + chicken is two words that just belong together!
I know, some folks don’t like them. But boneless/ skinless chicken thighs don’t have the same ick factor as the other ones and they have more fat than the breast. They roast up crispy on their own. Then you add in the warm spices and the sweet basting mix here. Boom! Such a delicious combination. Give them a shot! Besides chicken thighs are usually MUCH cheaper than the breast.
These sticky chicken skewers will be a hit! Promise 🙂
Looking for more free recipes?
Sticky Chicken Skewers with Whole30/ Keto modifications
- 3lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp mustard ( I use Annie’s Homegrown dijon)
- 1 tbsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp fat
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or pineapple juice for Whole30 or lower carb)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Cut your thighs in half horizontally, place in a large bowl. Whisk together all of the seasoning/marinade ingredients then add to the bowl with the chicken.
- Mix and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Thread each half chicken thigh on to a bamboo skewer.
- Set your oven racks to the top half of the oven. Set your oven to preheat at 450F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Then place a cooling rack over each one.
- Arrange your chicken skewers on the racks.
- In a jar or squeeze bottle shake up maple syrup or pineapple juice with the apple cider vinegar. Drizzle half of the mix over chicken.
- Roast at 450F for 10 minutes.
- Then rotate the sheet pans and turn over the skewers.
- Baste chicken again. Cook 15 more minutes, and done!
- For a cute presentation serve them out of a mason jar lined with parchment paper!