Sticky Chicken Skewers with Whole30/ Keto modifications
- 3lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp mustard ( I use Annie’s Homegrown dijon)
- 1 tbsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp fat
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or pineapple juice for Whole30 or lower carb)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Cut your thighs in half horizontally, place in a large bowl. Whisk together all of the seasoning/marinade ingredients then add to the bowl with the chicken.
- Mix and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Thread each half chicken thigh on to a bamboo skewer.
- Set your oven racks to the top half of the oven. Set your oven to preheat at 450F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Then place a cooling rack over each one.
- Arrange your chicken skewers on the racks.
- In a jar or squeeze bottle shake up maple syrup or pineapple juice with the apple cider vinegar. Drizzle half of the mix over chicken.
- Roast at 450F for 10 minutes.
- Then rotate the sheet pans and turn over the skewers.
- Baste chicken again. Cook 15 more minutes, and done!
- For a cute presentation serve them out of a mason jar lined with parchment paper!
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 28g
Keywords: Sticky Chicken Skewers