Toasted Coconut Kale Chips are the healthiest snack on the planet, these kale chips are as addictive as their seriously lacking counterparts. These crispy, green bites are ready in 30 minutes and satisfy your craving for crunch without the overbearing sodium. For the cooking temperature and time, I took my cue from the expert, Angela Liddon.
Why You Need Kale Chips
Kale is one of the most nutrient-dense veggies! Getting it in chip forms you will eat a full serving and not feel like an animal out to pasture. When eaten raw or even saturated kale can be hard to chew. When crispy it’s divine.
A single cup of raw kale (about 67 grams or 2.4 ounces) contains (1):
- Vitamin A: 206% of the DV (from beta-carotene)
- Vitamin K: 684% of the DV
- Vitamin C: 134% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 9% of the DV
- Manganese: 26% of the DV
- Calcium: 9% of the DV
- Copper: 10% of the DV
- Potassium: 9% of the DV
- Magnesium: 6% of the DV
- It also contains 3% or more of the DV for vitamin B1 (thiamin), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3 (niacin), iron and phosphorus
Looking for more free recipes?
Coconut Kale Chips
- 2 bunches curly kale
- 2 tsp Tin Star Ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 2 sheet pans
- Wash & thoroughly dry your kale. You can even use a salad spinner then pat with a clean towel.
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Tear large pieces of leaves from the stems
- Arrange on both sheet pans evenly without crowning or overlapping
- Drizzle one teaspoon of ghee over each sheet pan evenly
- Gently massage leaves distributing ghee on the leaves
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of salt over each sheet pan, 1/2 tsp garlic powder & 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes (for each sheet pan of leaves)
- Make sure oven racks are 2 spaces apart, centered in the oven
- Place sheet pans in oven set timer for 15 minutes.
- Rotate pans, switch rack & turn them around.
- Set timer for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven & let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 21
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: Toasted Coconut Kale Chips