A simple dinner that can feed the family. Stuffed and bacon-wrapped chicken with roasted carrots.
- 7–8 large carrots, cut into sticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 medium chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 7 ounces dairy-free cream cheese spread (or preferred filling)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 8 slices bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the carrots into sticks and arrange them on the sheet pan, leaving about 1/3 of the pan for the chicken.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle the carrots with 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and smear 2 tablespoons of filling into each one. Season inside and out with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried herbs. Close and wrap each one with 2 slices of bacon.
- Place on the empty spot on the sheet pan and roast for 35-40 minutes at 400F or until the bacon is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot. Goes great with a simple green salad on the side.
- Can I make this recipe AIP? Yes, omit the black pepper. Use AIP-compliant bacon. Use the AIP version of my Mozz Blocks or other AIP spread for the filling.
- Can I make this recipe Whole30? This recipe is Whole30 compliant with Kite Hill products – just keep it dairy free. Use Whole30-compatible bacon.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 555
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 2029mg
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 47g
Keywords: bacon wrapped chicken sheet pan dinner