Skip to content Print
AIP Plantain Bacon Pancake
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- 1 large just yellow plantain
- 4 tbsp. coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Pinch salt Shake of cinnamon
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1/4 a ripe banana (optional)
- Peel & slice plantain.
- Add all ingredients the bowl of your blender,
- Blend in a high powered blender until smooth.
- Cook 3 slices of bacon in skillet, remove, chop.
- In the same skillet pour/scrape out plantain mix right into hot skillet, use spatula to smooth out and shape.
- Sprinkle bacon in top.
- Cook on medium for a few minutes.
- In the meantime heat broiler to 400F.
- If you can’t flip the pancake, place skillet in oven, and let broiler cook the top until toasty.
- Remove & let it sit for a few minutes before eating, this thing retains a lot of heat!
- This was delicious!
- Not a super fluffy pancake but tasty and satisfying.
- It was crispy on the outside and smooth on the inside and had a great crunch from the bacon!