AIP pancakes are a hard sell. Eggs are such an imporant part of pancakes for fluff and structural integrity. So these are baked. But we bake them in pan… so they still qualify at AIP pancakes.
It makes one big pancake! Made with a blender batter pancake batter. This AIP pancake can go sweet or savory.
I have tweaked the recipe because some folks had problems with it sticking to the pan. So I hope it’s perfect now! We all know how hard it is to get good AIP breakfast recipes.
AIP Plantain Bacon Pancake
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
For the Pancake
- 1 large yellow plantain
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Bacon:
- 3 slices of bacon
- Maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Peel and slice plantain and combine with the rest of the pancake ingredients the bowl of your blender,
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Heat a 6 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook your bacon 4 minutes a side, remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet pour/scrape out plantain mix right into hot skillet, use spatula to smooth out and shape.
- Sprinkle bacon on top.
- Pop the skillet in the oven, middle rack.
- Bake until cooked through and set in the center, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven let it sit for a few minutes before eating, this thing retains a lot of heat!
- Use a spatula to remove the pancakes from the skillet.
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup. It’s crispy on the outside and smooth on the inside and had a great crunch from the bacon!