This super Creamy Whole30 Asparagus Soup is made with simple ingredients and is ready in 30 minutes. A one-pot recipe that comes together easily and makes a truly delicious soup that’s nourishing and flexible, you can make several tweaks to fit your needs.
The BEST and EASIEST Paleo Asparagus Soup
You can’t go wrong with this creamy Whole30 Asparagus Soup! It comes together really easily with just a handful of ingredients. No starches of flour to thicken it, just an obscene amount of asparagus! How? By using the more affordable and year-round available FROZEN asparagus! Yes, Spring is Asparagus season and you’re welcome to use fresh, in-season asparagus for this AIP Friendly soup. However, it uses 24 ounces (a pound and a half) of asparagus, which is what makes this creamy asparagus soup SO creamy, without any starch!
Whole30 Asparagus Soup Ingredients
With less than 10 ingredients this dairy-free, Whole30 Asparagus Soup is perfect for a weeknight dinner! Here’s what you need to make it.
- Frozen asparagus because you’re using a lot, and this will be more affordable.
- Bone broth, I make my own or use Bonafide Provisions, it’s AIP compliant!
- Olive oil, it’s my prefferd cooking oil and you can read why in this post.
- Vidalia or sweet onion because they’re the best, and give a wonderful mild flavor.
- Fish sauce for umami! Red Boat Fish Sauce is Whole30 + AIP compliant!
- Garlic salt, or you can use salt and garlic powder.
- Turmeric for its anitinflammatory properties an to give the soup a bright color.
- Oregano for flavor and it’s antimicrobial properties.
How to Make this Asparagus Soup
I love a good one-pot recipe. For this Whole30 Asparagus Soup, you will need a 4-quart pot or larger. As well as a blender or immersion blender
- Start by sauteeing the onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add in the seasonings and stir well.
- Add in all of the frozen asparagus, you don’t need to chop them.
- Next, add in the coconut cream.
- Pour the bone broth into the pot.
- Cover and bring to a simmer. Cook here for 15 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Open the lid, reduce the heat, stir well.
- Carefully transfer soup to blender, and puree. Serve this creamy Whole30 Asparagus Soup with shredded chicken or ground beef to make it an entree.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use cauliflower cream, or if you’re not AIP, cashew cream. Check out my Dairy-Free Cream 3 ways!
Just swap the bone broth for vegetable stock or water. Omit the fish sauce and use 1 tbsp nutritional yeast.
Yes, but make sure you are using 24 oz in the recipe, which means 1 1/2 pounds after trimming. So you might want to buy 2 pounds fresh for the recipe.
You May Also Like…
Looking for more free recipes?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Creamy Whole30 Asparagus Soup (AIP, Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan Option)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Spring
- Diet: Gluten Free
This silky asparagus soup comes together in under 30 minutes with less than 10 ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt (or 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 24 ounces frozen or fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups bone broth
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Once it comes to temperature, drizzle in the olive oil.
- Add in the onion and saute for 5 minutes, stirring often. Then mix in the dry seasonings, garlic salt, turmeric, and oregano.
- Once the onion is tender and aromatic add in the frozen asparagus and the coconut cream and then the bone broth. Mix.
- Cover the pot and bring to a simmer. Let it cook here for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid and make sure the asparagus is tender. Turn off the heat. Carefully transfer to a blender.
- Puree until silky smooth.
- Coconut free? You can use cauliflower cream or if you’re not AIP, cashew cream. Check out my Dairy-Free Cream 3 ways!
- Vegan? Use vegetable broth, omit the fish sauce and nutritional yeast.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 14.2g
- Carbohydrates: 10.2g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 9.2g
Keywords: Whole30 Asparagus Soup
Leave a Comment