This silky asparagus soup comes together in under 30 minutes with less than 10 ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt (or 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 24 ounces frozen or fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups bone broth
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Once it comes to temperature, drizzle in the olive oil.
- Add in the onion and saute for 5 minutes, stirring often. Then mix in the dry seasonings, garlic salt, turmeric, and oregano.
- Once the onion is tender and aromatic add in the frozen asparagus and the coconut cream and then the bone broth. Mix.
- Cover the pot and bring to a simmer. Let it cook here for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid and make sure the asparagus is tender. Turn off the heat. Carefully transfer to a blender.
- Puree until silky smooth.
- Coconut free? You can use cauliflower cream or if you’re not AIP, cashew cream. Check out my Dairy-Free Cream 3 ways!
- Vegan? Use vegetable broth, omit the fish sauce and nutritional yeast.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 14.2g
- Carbohydrates: 10.2g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 9.2g
Keywords: Whole30 Asparagus Soup