Rich and gooey, made even richer and gooey by the melting chocolate chunks! These flourless chocolate muffins are made of eggs, cacao, almond butter, and love.
Table of Contents
The BEST Flourless Chocolate Muffins
What makes these flourless chocolate muffins the best is that they’re fluffy and extra chocolatey but also squeaky clean! Made using anti-oxidant rich cacao powder, nutritive sweetener maple sugar (or low glycemic Lakanto), and almond butter (or sun butter for nut free). You can’t beat a healthy treat that tastes naughty!
Simple Chocolate Muffin Ingredients
These paleo and keto-friendly double chocolate muffins come together with whole food ingredients.
- Cacao powder, I prefer raw cacao powder
- Melted coconut oil
- Creamy, unsweetened almond butter
- Granulated sweetener, you can use maple sugar or coconut sugar for paleo or a keto sweetener fo keto/low carb
- You will need cashew cream or coconut cream, I prefer cashew cream here!
Step by Step Flourless Muffins
- Start by whisking together the eggs, oil, almond butter, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Once smooth set a fine mesh sieve over the bowl.
- Combine the cacao powder, granulated sweetener, salt, and baking powder in the sieve. Then tap it to sift the dry ingredients into the wet ones.
- Then use a spatula to fold them in, until it creates a thick, brown dough.
- Pour the cashew cream over the dough then add the chocolate chips.
- Mix until well combined and a thick batter forms.
- Distribute the batter between 8 muffin tin molds that are lined.
- Bake at 350F for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in one comes out clean.
Troubleshooting Flourless Chocolate Muffins
Yes, any nut or seed butter will work, even tahini!
Yes, any saturated fat will work!
You can, but I would add 1/4 more sweetener to compensate!
If you do I recommend on without additives that are nice and thick!
Looking for more free recipes?
One bowl, easy peasy recipe for moist and rich chocolate muffins!
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1/4 cup room temp coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons nut or seed butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Maple Sugar or keto granulated sweetener
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cashew creamer (or coconut cream)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and lightly spray with coconut or avocado oil.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and seed butter until fluffy.
- Put a fine mesh sieve over the bowl and combine the sweetener, cacao powder, baking powder, and salt. Tap to sift the dry ingredients into the wet ones. Then use a spatula to fold in until a thick dough forms.
- Add the cashew cream and the chocolate chips and fold in until a thick batter forms.
- Distribute the batter into the muffin pan, filling 8 slots.
- Bake for 20 minutes until slightly risen and firm looking, remove them from the oven, and let them cool completely before handling.
*Nutrition Facts Reflect Use of Low Carb/Calorie Sweetener Like Lakanto, total carbs not net*
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Sodium: 36.3g
- Carbohydrates: 10.3g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 3.8g
Keywords: flourless chocolate muffins