I was going to wait and post this Egg-Free Ranch Dressing, which’s also dairy along with the Savory Waffles or the BLISS Salad because they’re a match made in heaven. Creamy and dreamy and delicious on all the things. This super easy Whole30 compliant and allergen-friendly ranch is delectable!
Table of Contents
Why Egg Free?
Well, you asked for it! It’s something a few of you messaged me on Instagram about. I do listen, you know? It’s also nut free. I was originally going to use cashews to make this, but then I gave up nuts… and most seeds. But I do really well with hemp seeds (aka hemp hearts) and I think most of you do too… so that’s the base. It has some coconut for creaminess, but I didn’t want to go full coconut because ranch shouldn’t taste like coconut (and this one doesn’t). Trust me that this combination of ingredients creates a thick and creamy Egg Free Ranch dressing that tastes LEGIT.
Allergen Free Ranch Ingredients
- Hemp hearts are really easily blended up and creamy, and it’s wonderful because they’re nut free, but soaked cashews would work too! These replace the egg in traditional ranch.
- Fish sauce adds umami and gives it that cheesy flavor, don’t skip it! If you’re vegan you can use nutritional yeast.
- Red wine vinegar and dijon for tang!
- Coconut milk or cream for creaminess, I’m partial to the full-fat canned coconut cream it makes it thicker.
- A combination of nightshade-free and delicious herbs to give this dressing its incredible flavor.
Making this dressing is as easy as combining all of the ingredients into a blender and blending until smooth. Or you can combine everything in a jar and use an immersion blender! Either way, you can’t go wrong with a 2 step recipe.
Tips for Success
- Measure out all your ingredients ahead of time.
- Add the liquids to the jar first, the coconut cream, mustard, vinegar and fish sauce, then the hemp hearts, lastly the seasonings.
- Blend until completely smooth! If using an immersion blender, move it up and down slowly as you blend.
- Store in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Looking for more free recipes?
A delicious and creamy egg and dairy free ranch dressing!
- The Base
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts (I love these)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (I use this one)
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar (I use this one)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or milk, canned (I use this one)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- splash of Red Boat Fish Sauce
Ranch Seasoning Blend (also great in meatballs):
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. You can taste it and adjust salt or pepper… or add more dill. Up to you.
- Store in a 16oz jar in the fridge. Shake before each use as it will separate a little. It should keep 2 weeks.
- You can use lemon instead of vinegar for a more TANGY flavor. You may omit the pepper. If you want a more AIP FRIENDLY version check this recipe out: http://www.raisinggenerationnourished.com/2017/06/paleo-ranch-dressing-and-dip
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 10.7g
Keywords: dairy free ranch