These AIP Keto Chicken Sausage Patties are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and perfectly flavored with AIP-compliant seasonings. Ready in a pinch, and you can whip up a double batch on the weekend for easy prepped breakfast throughout the week! What is AIP (autoimmune paleo or autoimmune protocol)? Learn here.
How to make AIP sausage
Typically, pre-made sausage patties are loaded with nightshades and fillers. Not this recipe! These AIP chicken sausage patties are seasoned with dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. The flavor is a salty/savory combo that satisfies your tastebuds. These keto chicken sausage patties use panko pork rinds as a binder, so they’re gluten-free AND nut free!
How to do an AIP reset
An autoimmune protocol isn’t meant to be a long term way of eating. Like all elimination diets, the ultimate goal is to identify trigger foods and reincorporate foods that do not cause a reaction. For more information on how to do an AIP keto reset, check out this blog post with meal plan and shopping list.
More AIP meal ideas
Hungry for more? Check out these recipes:
- Paleo AIP Mozzarella Cheese (Nut Free, Egg Free, Coconut Free)
- Garlic Mango Shrimp Skewers (AIP, Paleo, Whole30)
- Orange Ginger Salmon Skillet (One Pot, 30 Minute Meal, Whole30, Low Carb, Egg Free, AIP Friendly)
- Ginger Rosemary Braised Pork Loin Medallions Over Roasted Spaghetti Squash (AIP, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Whole30, Paleo, Keto)
- Shredded Beef with Mushroom Gravy (Dairy Free, Nut Free, Coconut Free, Egg Free)
- Spiced Pumpkin Chicken Noodle Soup (Paleo, Keto, Egg Free, AIP)
Variations for AIP Keto Chicken Sausage Patties
Even though an autoimmune protocol is meant to be short term, you can enjoy these AIP keto chicken sausages for the long haul. Serve them on their own for an AIP-approved breakfast, lunch, or snack. If you learn that you can tolerate eggs after your reintroduction period, they make a great side for these chicken sausages. Make a scramble or an omelet by dicing up the sausage patties … throw them into a coconut flour tortilla … the possibilities are endless!
Looking for more free recipes?
Savory- salty chicken patties that are perfect for any time of day! AIP, Keto, Paleo!
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup pork panko (or 1/4 cup coconut flour)
- 2 tablespoons bone broth powder (I like Jarrow or Vital Proteins) *optional
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (2 teaspoons if not using the bone broth powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Shape 5 to 6 large patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, place the patties in the skillet and fry up five minutes per side or until cooked through.
- If you don’t have bone broth powder you can also add gelatin or collagen or just leave it out
- Serving Size: 1 patty
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 15.2g
- Carbohydrates: 1.3g
- Fiber: .8g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: AIP chicken sausage patty