I was going to wait and post this recipe along with the Savory Waffles or the BLISS Salad which are all coming to the blog in the next few days. But after thinking it over a while I realized this dressing needed its own post.
Why Egg Free?
Well, you asked for it! It’s something a few of you messaged me on Instagram about. I do listen you know? It’s also nut free. I was originally going to use cashews to make this, but then I gave up nuts… and most seeds. But I do really well with hemp seeds, and I think most of you do too… so that’s the base. It has some coconut for creaminess, but I didn’t want to go full coconut because ranch shouldn’t taste like coconut (and this one doesn’t).
I really did try to keep it super simple (kiss). First round with this recipe I ended up using like 12 ingredients and I was like OMG no one will make it with that many ingredients. So I simplified, and I actually LOVE how this one turned out. So here it is, a super simple, allergen-friendly, low carb, paleo, Whole30 compliant RANCH!
*and YES! These recipes in the pictures are coming very soon!
Looking for more free recipes?
A delicious and creamy egg and dairy free ranch dressing!
- The Base
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts (I love these)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (I use this one)
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar (I use this one)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, canned (I use this one)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- splash of Red Boat Fish Sauce
Ranch Seasoning Blend (also great in meatballs):
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in your blender and whiiiirrrrrrrr… until smooth. You can taste it and adjust salt or pepper… or add more dill. Up to you.
- Store in a 16oz jar in the fridge. Shake before each use as it will separate a little. It should keep 2 weeks.
- You can use lemon instead of vinegar for a more TANGY flavor. You may omit the pepper. If you want a more AIP FRIENDLY version check this recipe out: http://www.raisinggenerationnourished.com/2017/06/paleo-ranch-dressing-and-dip
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 10.7g
Keywords: dairy free ranch