Entree Salads FTW!
I love me some entree salads. The perfect vessel for lots of good nutrition, a plethora of textures and flavors, and they’re the perfect meal to go BIG on! These pistachio crusted burgers are actually inspired by a recipe I developed for PRE Brands, African Suya. These awesome peanut crusted sirloin kebabs. Since peanuts aren’t technically paleo I had purchased the bag of shelled pistachio’s to make myself a paleo-fied version of them…. alas… we used up all the sirloin and it didn’t happen. But the idea of pistachio crusted SOMETHING was going down. I was determined.
I love how this turned out and I hope you do too! The burgers are super easy to make head of time for meal prep, you can even double the recipe!
Here is another awesome entree salad from the blog: Turmeric Chicken with Zoodles & Kale. Super beautiful dish also featuring Primal Kitchen Dressing.
GREAT store bought dressings are one way I simplify dinner time. Although I’m not opposed to making my own, see recipes here.
Pistachio Crusted Burger + Green Salad (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 4
- 1lb 92% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup shelled, roasted salted pistachios
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 can pitted green olives
- 2 avocado
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 8 cups arugula (or other greens)
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Ranch
- 1/4 cup pesto or chimichurri or minced herbs in olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, pulse pistachios until pulverized into gravel and crumb sized pieces. Scoop out on to a flat plate.
- In a bowl mix together the ground beef, lemon, salt, pepper and egg.
- Shape 4 patties. Gently press the patties into the pistachio mix all over, set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Heat a large skillet stove top.
- Add in a little oil. When hot place the crusted patties on the hot skillet.
- Sear for two minutes a side then transfer to a baking sheet and pop in the oven for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, assemble your salad bowls with greens, arugula, olives and sliced avocado.
- Mix together your ranch-herb dressing mix.
- Serve a patty over each salad and drizzle with sauce. Done!