Crunchy, savory and tangy! A party in your mouth burger salad!
- 1lb 92% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup shelled, roasted salted pistachios
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 can pitted green olives
- 2 avocado
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 8 cups arugula (or other greens)
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Ranch
- 1/4 cup pesto or chimichurri or minced herbs in olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, pulse pistachios until pulverized into gravel and crumb sized pieces. Scoop out on to a flat plate.
- In a bowl mix together the ground beef, lemon, salt, pepper and egg.
- Shape 4 patties. Gently press the patties into the pistachio mix all over, set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Heat a large skillet stove top.
- Add in a little oil. When hot place the crusted patties on the hot skillet.
- Sear for two minutes a side then transfer to a baking sheet and pop in the oven for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, assemble your salad bowls with greens, arugula, olives and sliced avocado.
- Mix together your ranch-herb dressing mix.
- Serve a patty over each salad and drizzle with sauce. Done!
- Serving Size: 1 burger salad
- Calories: 585
- Fat: 41g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 31g
Keywords: pistachio burger