I wanted to make something special for my husband’s birthday. Being on Whole30 at the moment, I needed a delicious, meat n’ potatoes man meal, that I could eat.
These ribs were spectacular. I was worried about the lack of honey or brown sugar would leave them lacking that bbq-ish flavor. Nope, the super ripe peach was sweet enough. Complex, deep flavors, crispy skin, tender meat. Now, go make them!
Looking for more free recipes?
Coffee and Peach Rubbed Ribs! Whole30 approved!
- 4lb spare rib rack
- 3 tbsp medium roast coffee grounds
- 1 large peach, ripe, mashed (plum or cherries work too!)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp sea salt (more to taste)
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil
- Mix coffee, mashed peach, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and oil in a small bowl, use your hands to mash and mix, getting the juice out of the peach.
- Cut ribs into 6-inch racks. Place ribs on a large sheet pan or parchment paper.
- Slather peach mix on to ribs and spread and pat down. Do this on both sides, use all of the mix.
- Wrap up the ribs with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat broiler to 500F.
- Use roasting rack or cooling rack over the sheet pan to cook ribs on so the air circulates all around them.
- Sear ribs under the broiler for 3 minutes on each side.
- Lower the heat to 300F and place on ribs on the middle rack. Cook for 3- 3.5 hours.
- Remove from oven, place on large cutting board and use large chef’s knife or cleaver to cut ribs apart.
- Careful when lifting the whole rack, if you pick up the by the bones the meat will fall off! See INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS IN NOTES BELOW.
** Instant Pot Cooking Instructions**
After you marinate the ribs, remove them from the marinade, saving any sauce, dripping and chunks of peach. Cut your ribs rack into 2-3 pieces.
Add 1 cup broth with a splash of vinegar to your IP. Place the rack inside. Arrange your ribs in a tent on the rack. Cook on high for 30 min.
Place on a rack over a sheet pan. Brush the remaining marinade and peaches on them. Place in the oven, right under the broiler and broil for 5 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 440
- Fat: 32
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 38
Keywords: coffee rubbed ribs