I wanted to make something special for my husband’s birthday. Being on Whole30 at the moment, I needed a delicious, meat n’ potatoes man meal, that I could eat. These ribs were spectacular. I was worried the lack of honey or brown sugar would leave them lacking that bbq-ish flavor. Nope, the super ripe peach was sweet enough. Complex, deep flavors, crispy skin, tender meat. Now, go make them!
Coffee & Peach Rubbed Spare Ribs
- Total Time: 215
- 4lb spare rib rack
- 3 tbsp medium roast coffee grounds
- 1 large peach, ripe, mashed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp sea salt (more to taste)
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil
- Mix coffee, mashed peach, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and oil in a small bowl, use your hands to mash and mix, getting the juice out of the peach.
- Cut ribs into 6-inch racks. Place ribs on a large sheet pan or parchment paper.
- Slather peach mix on to ribs and spread and pat down. Do this on both sides, use all of the mix.
- Wrap up the ribs with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat broiler to 500F.
- Use roasting rack or cooling rack over the sheet pan to cook ribs on so the air circulates all around them.
- Sear ribs under the broiler for 3 minutes on each side.
- Lower the heat to 300F and place on ribs on the middle rack. Cook for 3- 3.5 hours.
- Remove from oven, place on large cutting board and use large chef’s knife or cleaver to cut ribs apart.
- Careful when lifting the whole rack, if you pick up the by the bones the meat will fall off! See INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS IN NOTES BELOW.
** Instant Pot Cooking Instructions**
After you marinate the ribs, remove them from the marinade, saving any sauce, dripping and chunks of peach. Cut your ribs rack into 2-3 pieces.
Add 1 cup broth with a splash of vinegar to your IP. Place the rack inside. Arrange your ribs in a tent on the rack. Cook on high for 30 min.
Place on a rack over a sheet pan. Brush the remaining marinade and peaches on them. Place in the oven, right under the broiler and broil for 5 minutes.