This allergen-friendly, dairy-free fat bomb recipe is delicious! They’re made with a sunflower seed butter, hence the name: Sunshine Fat Bombs. The sun butter is mixed with coconut cream and coconut oil. Lightly sweetened, a splash of vanilla. Finished off with a layer of dark chocolate and flaked salt. What’s not to like? Similar to peanut butter cups, these nut and dairy free fat bombs are creamy and light and like a classy cousin of the peanut butter cup.
Table of Contents
Low Carb Sweetener Guide (choose your fav for your dairy-free fat bomb)!
I use Anthony’s Goods Erythritol for this. Swerve has been giving me cramps, I think it’s the oligosaccharides which are a pre-biotic fiber. These non-digestible fibers tend to be rough on the gut.
Stevia Glycerite is another favorite of mine. It’s not as sweet as the other liquid stevia. The glycerite is thick, like syrup and about 3x as sweet as sugar. I also don’t experience and aftertaste with it.
Monk fruit is picking up popularity, but Pure Monk fruit is sooooo strong it’s hard to use. Lakanto brand markets as a monk fruit sweetener but it’s really a blend of erythritol and monk. Folks seem to really like it though.
If you don’t do low carb sweeteners I would recommend honey for these.
A complete guide to low carb sweeteners HERE.
More About These Dairy Free Fat Bombs!
- This recipe is a no-bake recipe. You don’t even have to heat the mix. Boom. Perfect summer treat.
- I like using Alter Eco 90% dark chocolate, you can also use Lily’s Dark Chocolate or unsweetened dark chocolate.
- For the flake salt, I keep a box of Maldon Flake Salt around for these finishing touches, but you can use regular salt or omit it.
- As for the mold, these are big ice cube molds I found at Target, you can use these, these or these.
- You can get all the ingredients for these at 25-50% on THRIVE MARKET! Check it out, Now!
Step by Step Fat Bomb Recipe
Start by mixing the room temperature ingredients in a bowl. You want the coconut cream and coconut oil to be soft enough to mix in. Whisk together with the sweetener, vanilla extract and sunflower seed butter. This makes the creamiest fat bomb without any nut butter or cream cheese! Pop these in the freeze to harden.
You can skip the chocolate on these, but why would you? To make the chocolate layer, start by chopping up dark chocolate and combining it with 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Gently heat on medium or low power, then mix until smooth. Spoon the melted chocolate over the hardened sunflower seed butter cups. Freeze again until firm.
Once firm, unmold your Sunshine Fat Bombs and dig in. I love eating these after about 30 minutes in the freezer because they’re a little creamy! So dreamy without any dairy in sight! These fat bombs are your new favorite treat. You can watch the recipe video here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes any nut or seed butter can be used with a 1:1 sub in this recipe.
You can use any canned coconut cream, I like the Trader Joe’s or Thrive brand.
I use Alter Eco or Pascha’s very dark chocolate usually!
You can store them in the freezer in an airtight container if you like them very hard. I like them a little creamy, so I keep mine in the fridge.
Yes! I also use a different milk and this recipe makes about 9 small fat bombs!
Looking for more free recipes?
These dairy free, nut free, fat bombs are easy to make and delicious!
- 1/4 cup sun flower seed butter, I use this one
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (from a chilled, full fat coconut milk can)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 tablespoons erythritol, or preferred sweeter, see substitution guide above
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 squares dark chocolate (about 50 grams)
- Flaked salt, optional
- Start with room temperature ingredient. If your coconut oil is solid run the jar under warm water to liquefy. Combine the sunflower seed butter, coconut cream, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, fine salt, sweetener, and vanilla until smooth. I use a small whisk.
- Distribute the mix into 6-8 slots of a silicone mold, cupcake mold etc. Tap the tray or mold on the counter to settle the mix flat in each slow. If it’s really thick use a small spoon to flatten. Place in the freeze on a flat surface.
- Chop up the chocolate and put it in a small bowl with the remaining coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds. Then stir until liquid. If it has not fully melted, give it another 10 seconds.
- Stir well and let is sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Then take the fat bombs out of the freeze and distribute the melted chocolate between them. For 6 I had about 3 tsp per fat bomb.
- Carefully put the fat bombs back in the freezer on a level surface and freeze until hard or overnight. Un-mold, finish with a sprinkle of flake salt. Store in Tupper ware in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 fat bomb
- Calories: 189.3
- Fat: 18.7g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: dairy free fat bomb