Summertime and the livin’s easy…
These burgers are BURSTING with flavor! Perfect for cooking stove top or take it outside with your cast iron skillet and cook them up on the patio. Made with FRESH, simple ingredients like summer strawberries and fresh oregano these burgers are perfect any time of day. In a bun, over salad, crumbled into soup (in a box, with a fox, on a train, in the rain).
These came about when I got a few stalks of oregano from my pals CSA. I had never seen oregano that big. The leaves were almost the size of the palm of my hand. Not to mention super flavorful and aromatic. Then berries were on sale at Whole Foods and hot damn if I wasn’t reminded of the Blueberry Mojito Turkey Burgers from my EBOOK. Another juicy combo of berries, herbs and savory protein that take your burger game next level. This burger turned out so bomb. My husband and I sat down to eat, took a bite, looked up at each other and said: Whoa.
The mix is super moist and juice thanks to the berries and added olive oil. Dusted in coconut flour to hold together and pan-fried for a nice crispy outside. A little bit of bacon for savoriness (is that a word?) and boom. You’ve got one stunner of a turkey burger. Ps. Pairs AMAZINGLY with Whole30 Compliant Caesar Dressing!
Looking for more free recipes?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Strawberry Oregano Turkey Burgers (Whole30, Paleo, Keto, Nut Free)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: entree
- Method: skillet
- Cuisine: Seasonal
A surprisingly delicious combination!
- 2lbs ground turkey
- 1 strip cooked bacon (minced)
- 5 large strawberries (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano (minced, you could use mint or basil too)
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil (more for cooking, could also use ghee or softened butter)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (sub fine ground almond meal)
- Prepare the strawberries, garlic, bacon, and oregano. Add to a large bowl.
- Add in the turkey meat, egg, salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix well with a spatula or clean hands.
- Pour coconut flour into a shallow bowl.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium heat until hot (sprinkle water, when it beads, it’s hot). Drizzle in cooking fat.
- Shape 6 large patties and gently toss them in the coconut flour. Use both hands to shape and handle until they feel more solid/dryer in your hands. If you’re using almond meal just mix it into the meat.
- Then add them to the skillet. I cook 2-3 at a time.
- Brown 5 minutes on one side, then flip over. After 2 minutes, cover the skillet and cook another 3 minutes. Once they feel firm when you press down on the center, they are cooked through, or internal temp is 175F.
- Repeat until all the patties are done.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 319
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: strawberry turkey burger
Leave a Comment