A delicious, naked cashew cream cake with a decadent caramel frosting. Top with figs and mint for a jaw dropping presentation to match the beauty of this gluten free cake!
I made my Decadent Plantain Chocolate Cake again. It’s such a good recipe. I even made it with green bananas because I couldn’t find plantains. It turned out great. This time I wanted a little more of frosting on it, seeing as we were going to be at a BBQ I didn’t want to risk going with the ol’ coconut cream because as delicious as it is. It melts, really fast. So I went with cashew cream. Just a sweet, thick taste on my savory cream recipe. Of course…. caramel was involved. Caramel recipe is also in the original post. I would have just updated the original post… but I sort of wanted this beauty to have it’s own spotlight… I mean… look at her!
I think this is my prettiest cake yet! Figs and mint are such lovely finishing touches, don’t you think?
Looking for more free recipes?
- 10 ounces whole raw cashews
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar truvia
- 1 tbsp grass fed beef gelatin
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Soak your cashews in three cups water for at last three hours.
- Drain, rinse and place them in the bowl of your blender.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend, bringing the speed up to high.
- You will need to stop and scrape down the splatter with a spatula, then start on low and increase the speed.
- Do this over, and over, until the cream is completely smooth.
- It might take a few tries, especially if the base of your blender is wide.
- One the cake was cooled, use spatula to spread it all over the cake. Then apply the caramel sauce over the cashew cream! Viola!