I love using my pressure cooker for meal prep and this AIP Orange Chicken is juicy, easy, and makes enough to feed an army. So I don’t exactly have an Instant Pot, I use a Breville Fast Slow Pro. Don’t worry the instructions are written so you can make this amazing Orange Chicken in any pressure cooker!
Table of Contents
Orange Chicken Meal Prep
When you’re doing the autoimmune protocol meal prep is key. Meal plans are key. My Better Together Coaching Group revolves around this concept. Taking the guesswork out of meals is key for success, especially at the beginning. This AIP Orange Chicken makes 6 portions and it’s very filling. Pair it with plantains or plantain tortillas and crispy roasted broccoli for healthy and delicious meals, ready to go all week
About The Ingredients
Simple ingredients that you probably already have. Great for citrus season, these AIP staples bring this pressure cooker Orange Chicken together so quickly!
Large, boneless, skinless chicken breast! You want big juicy ones for this. Then you’re going to use dried seasonings to keep it simple: ginger, garlic and onion powder.
You’ll need two fresh oranges, any kind works. Making this in winter, citrus seasons is amazing. You’re going to use the zest and juice! Coconut aminos (I like thrive brand) lend a little more sweetness but also color and depth of flavor. To thicken the sauce you’re going to make a little slurry with cassava flour or tapioca starch, a little goes a long way!
Step By Step AIP Orange Chicken
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Just add everything except the slurry into the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours. Remove the chicken and whisk the slurry into the sauce left behind in the pot.
Sure, if you like very tart flavor 🙂
Yes, the original version of this recipe didn’t use the cassava. You can leave it out, and reduce the sauce for 10 minutes to thicken it up a bit and mix that with the chicken. You can also whisk in some gelatin and that will help.
Looking for more free recipes?
A simple pressure cooker recipe that is perfect for meal prep!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- zest of 1 orange
- juice of 2 oranges
- 3 sprigs thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons cassava flour or tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Heat your pressure cooker on saute mode. Season the chicken breast with salt, garlic, ginger and onion powder.
- Pour the olive oil into the pot and sear the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cancel the saute function and add in the orange zest, thyme, orange juice, and aminos.
- Close the lid and cook on medium-high for 20 minutes. Release the pressure manually.
- Open the lid, remove the chicken from the pot and transfer to a bowl to shred. Set the pressure cooker on saute or reduce mode. Bring the sauce left inside to a simmer.
- Mix the warm water and the flour to make a slurry and add it to the pot. Whisk in until it thickens the sauce. Pour the thickened sauce over the shredded chicken and mix well.
- Serve hot! See post for serving suggestions.
- Please read FAQ’s section
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 372mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 28.2g
Keywords: AIP cooker orange chicken