A simple pressure cooker recipe that is perfect for meal prep!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- zest of 1 orange
- juice of 2 oranges
- 3 sprigs thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons cassava flour or tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Heat your pressure cooker on saute mode. Season the chicken breast with salt, garlic, ginger and onion powder.
- Pour the olive oil into the pot and sear the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cancel the saute function and add in the orange zest, thyme, orange juice, and aminos.
- Close the lid and cook on medium-high for 20 minutes. Release the pressure manually.
- Open the lid, remove the chicken from the pot and transfer to a bowl to shred. Set the pressure cooker on saute or reduce mode. Bring the sauce left inside to a simmer.
- Mix the warm water and the flour to make a slurry and add it to the pot. Whisk in until it thickens the sauce. Pour the thickened sauce over the shredded chicken and mix well.
- Serve hot! See post for serving suggestions.
- To make in a slow cooker; add everything except the slurry into the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours. Remove the chicken and whisk the slurry into the sauce left behind in the pot.
- To make without the slurry & leave out cassava flour; Reduce the sauce for 10 minutes to thicken it up a bit and mix that with the chicken. You can also whisk in some gelatin and that will help.
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 372mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 28.2g
Keywords: AIP cooker orange chicken