Crispy Broccoli Should Have Its Own Category
This nutrient-dense cruciferous vegetable truly transforms into something so much more magical when it is roasted properly. In my home, we consume this crispy roasted broccoli by the sheet pan. Even my five year old can’t get enough of these toasty, tiny trees.
Why Broccoli Rocks
Other than the aforementioned, awesome deliciousness of crispy roasted broccoli, there are the health benefits. Broccoli packs Vitamins C, K, and Folic Acid. Vit C isn’t just immune boosting, it’s a powerful antioxidant. It also has some cool compounds like kaempferol as really amazing anti-inflammatory flavanoid (flavonoids are plant pigments that do cool stuff, which is why eating a colorful diet is important). My favorite broccoli superpower is DIM (diindolylmethane), a component that helps the body metabolize estrogen.
Broccoli packs Vitamins C, K, and Folic Acid. Vit C isn't just immune boosting, it's a powerful antioxidant. It also has kaempferol as really amazing anti-inflammatory flavanoid (flavonoids are plant pigments that do cool stuff, which is why eating a colorful diet is important).
So, want anti-inflammatory, immune boosting, antioxidant, hormone balancing goodness? Eat broccoli! And if you make it like this, Crispy Roasted Broccoli, you will want to eat it by the truckload!
I like to serve it with Cilantro Aioli and snack on it or serve it up with a steak or fried eggs!
Looking for more free recipes?
The Best Roasted Broccoli!
- 3-4 crowns broccoli (4-5 cups of florets)
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Trim the florets from your broccoli crowns, cut as close to the floret as possible so they come out small and not large. If you have some big florets, cut them into smaller pieces.
- Put them on a sheet pan and sprinkle with seasonings and drizzle the olive oil. Use your hands to toss and massage the broccoli florets until the seasonings and oil are evenly incorporated all over the florets.
- Spread them out evenly over the sheet pan so they’re not very crowded. Turn your florets tree side down. This will up the crispy factor.
- Place them in the oven, then turn the oven on to 400F. Set a timer for 30 minutes.
- At the 30-minute mark, turn the oven off and leave the broccoli in there an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool. Serve with cilantro aioli.
Other delicious seasoning ideas: ground ginger and mustard powder, cumin and citrus zest, sesame seeds and garlic, minced garlic, and mustard seeds… the possibilities are endless!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 53
- Fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 1.9g
Keywords: crispy roasted broccoli