This Whole30 Sausage Skillet with veggie noodles is pure comfort food. I love the sweet and spicy components here, a result of using carrots… but you can use kohlrabi noodles too. They’re a little lower in carbs and more neutral in flavor.
To save time I just bought the carrot noodles in the produce section of my Whole Food. You can also just spiralize your own veggies anytime with a very affordable and versatile appliance: the spiralizer. I use this one.
I will say, even my carrot hating husband gobbled this up. Full disclosure we are it all. Yup, the whole recipe in one sitting, just the two of us.
Great for weekend breakfast or breakfast for dinner, this egg free dish can easily be made AIP compliant using homemade AIP pork sausage (there’s a recipe in my book Made Whole). This Whole30 Sausage Skillet is all about the right sausage. Using a sweetener free, quality sausage is key!
I used the breakfast sausage from my Butcher Box which is absolutely delicious and made from pasture raised, heritage pigs! I’ve been really happy with my Butcher Box, monthly, bi-monthly subscriptions of proteins delivered right to your door. They always have awesome offers which you can check out here.
This would also work with my Roasted Lemon Crispy Beef if you don’t eat pork, recipe HERE.
Hope you make this, hope you love it. I know we did!
Looking for more free recipes?
A delicious, crispy, tangy and sweet one skillet meal that is total comfort food while still being super healthy and hearty!
- 1 pound of ground breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 2 cups carrot, turnip or kohlrabi noodles
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 sprigs thyme
- a squeeze of lemon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Seedy or spicy mustard
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat (for about 5 minutes).
- Add the sausage by crumbling it up in to the pan. Cook, stirring often until the sausage is browned.
- Add in bacon fat and veggie noodles. Stir well then let it cook undisturbed for 4 minutes.
- Scrape from the bottom of the skillet and turn the noodle and pork mixture with a large spatula and cook, undisturbed, another 4 minutes.
- Add in salt, thyme, lemon, garlic. Stir well, and cover. Cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Open, scrape and mix.
- Serve and garnish with fresh arugula and mustard!
*Macros will vary depending on what noodles and sausage you use!
*For AIP get black pepper and nightshade free sausage, for Whole30 use sweetener free sausage*
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 697
- Fat: 52g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 40g
Keywords: sausage skillet