These protein cupcakes are quite deceiving… I made them today and I was so pleased with how they turned out.
I saw a beef and garnet potato cupcake on the Whole30 feed a month ago & I’ve been wanting to make something of the sort since. Today was as good a day as any, especially since I’m hosting the Autoimmune Paleo Instagram page. What a fun AIP meal!It’s not as time-consuming as it looks & it’s enticing for the whole family, especially the little ones. I know my three year old was so excited about eating “the purple” that he didn’t even pause to notice he was actually eating a vegetable!
Another great thing about recipes like these is that you can pack them will all sorts of goodies, really get bang for your buck in the nutrient density department.
Nutrient Density Hacks:
- Add bone marrow to your sweet potato mash.
- Mix up greens into your meat mix.
- Use fresh herbs in your cooking.
- Use bone broth as a sauce base.
- Use unrefined salts.
These little protein cupcakes are truly a savory treat! They are a flavorful as they are colorful and perfect for celebrations when most dessert recipes are off the table for dietary or health reasons.
Looking for more free recipes?
Savory Meat Cupcakes!
- 1lb ground dark meat turkey
- 2 slices bacon, I use Penderson’s Natural Farms
- 2 tsp AIP curry mix: turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, onion, garlic)
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk yogurt or coconut cream
- 2 medium Okinawa sweet potatoes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp bacon fat
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp beef gelatin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 asparagus spears
- Bring a pot of water to boil & preheat the oven to 375F
- Peel potatoes & garlic cloves. Add potatoes & garlic to the boiling water, let them boil until tender.
- It will take about 30 minutes, in that time prep the rest of the dish.
- Mince bacon. In a large bowl mix together turkey, seasoning, coconut yogurt, salt & bacon.
- Grease a muffin tin, just 6-7 molds. Distribute turkey mix evenly in the 6 or 7 cups, fill them up to the top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reads 165F
- At this time also put asparagus in the oven on a skillet with a little oil.
- Remove turkey & asparagus from oven.
- When potatoes are tender, drain all the water. Add potatoes, garlic cloves, bacon fat, coconut cream & salt to the bowl of a stand mixer. Whip with a paddle attachment until smooth.
- Carefully remove meat from molds, use a spatula to make them budge, if necessary.
- To decorate them, fill a piping sleeve, fitted with the large star tip with mashed potatoes.
- In a circular motion, while applying equal pressure to the piping bag, “frost” your meat cakes.
- Garnish with asparagus tips!
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Keywords: meat cupcakes