3 Ingredient Keto Mug Cake (Dairy Free, Nut Free, Paleo)
Oh the mug cake! Not going to lie, the first time I heard of mug cakes I thought they were an abomination. However, I have since been converted. Alas, I am quite the mug cake connoisseur. This dairy-free, flourless, no sweetener added keto mug cake is my masterpiece!
At first my keto mug cake experiments were too egg. Or too dry. Then there’s the one in my upcoming cookbook, MADE WHOLE. It’s absolutely DIVINE, but definitely on the overindulgent side. Which, hey, don’t get me wrong, those recipes have their place, but it’s not your everyday mug cake. Then I have my super healthy coconut based mug cake… but this one… THIS KETO MUG CAKE is simple and elegant… and I am in love!
You will need a GOOOOODDD dark chocolate or low carb chocolate. Lily’s Brand is the status quo. However, as of late it’s not jiving with my body. So I’ve opted for Alter Eco 85 or 90% dark that is only 4 ingredients and has less carbs than even Lily’s despite being sweetened with cane sugar. It’s so minimal, it has no effect on my blood sugar.
Next, you will need a cream. I like coconut cream for this, but my dairy-free coffee creamer works great if you have some on hand!
Lastly a large, pastured egg.
Optional ingredients include a pinch of salt (highly recommended) and if you’re really a sweet lover a few drops of liquid stevia!Print
A delicious, 3 ingredient (maybe 5) mug cake to satisfy all your cravings!
- 1/2 a dark chocolate baking bar (about 2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream or dairy-free coffee creamer
- 1 large eggs
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 5-10 drops stevia (optional)
- Chop up the chocolate and put it in a ceramic mug.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until totally melted.
- Add in the coconut cream and stir into the chocolate to make a thick ganache.
- Mix in the egg until smooth.
- If using, add in the salt and stevia.
- Microwave for 60 seconds on high.
- Let it cool down for a few minutes, and dig in!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: varies greatly on chocolate bar used!