Pumpkin everything this time of year, amiright? These PUMPKIN BUTTER SLICE fat bombs are really good. If you have to pick ONE pumpkin treat this time of year, pick this one. Okay, or my Spiced Pumpkin Tahini Swirl Muffins. But these DAIRY FREE, KETO PUMPKIN FAT BOMBS have ALL THE GOODS.
I know, I know my first fat bomb recipe! It’s about damn time. I’ve been doing the keto thing for 7 months now and low carb paleo since last winter. Sooo… why the delay? Well, I think the ol’ Whole30 mentalilty really stuck with me, and not going to lie, made be feel guilty about treats like this.
Keto has really helped me reach my food freedom and release food guilt issues. I think it’s because I FEEL so great! Even when I have 1 (or 3) pieces of this dairy free, keto Pumpkin Butter Slice for breakfast.
You know me, I gotta have ALL THE VEGGIES in my keto. I like to sneak in those ESSENTIAL MICRO NUTRIENTS anywhere I can. So I’ve teamed up with Vital Proteins to show case their badass GREEN packing products. See Key Lime Pots de Creme + Hydrating Matcha Smoothie.
This fat bomb, yup, totally packing Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Greens! This powder is made with marine collage, raw greens and probitotics. Great for hair, nails and digestive health. Blended into the dark chocolate layer this recipe sneaks this goondess in so well even my four year old can’t sniff it out!
Pumpkin Butter Slice
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- ½ bar Lily’s sweetened semi sweet dark chocolate baking bar, chopped (2oz)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Coconut Vanilla Beauty Greens
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- ¼ cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (or nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or melted ghee)
- 10 drops liquid stevia (or tbsp of preferred sweetener)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 tablespoons pepitas (more to taste)
- Line a small (8 1/2 x 4 1/2) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the dark chocolate and coconut oil, microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds or until soft. Add in the vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and shiny. Add in the Vital Proteins Beauty Greens and mix until smooth. If the mix is too thick, add in a teaspoon of coconut oil as needed.
- Pour the mix into the loaf pan and spread it in an even layer on the bottom. Sprinkle with pepitas and set in the freezer to harden.
- In the meantime combine the pumpkin, sunflower butter and coconut oil in a small bowl, microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften, then mix until smooth and unfirom in color.
- Add in the stevia, salt and pumpkin spice. Mix until well combined and cooled off.
- Pour this mix over the chocolate layer and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the pepitas on top and place in the freezer to harden, at least 45 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- Remove the slice from the mold by picking it up by the parchment paper.
- Set on a flat surface and cut into 8 even slices.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the freezer for grab and go snack.
- Per slice: Calories 134, Fat 11g, Carbohydrate 6 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 1 g, Protein 4 g
- The Vital Proteins Beauty Greens are not 100% necessary for the recipe to work, althought I highly reccomend adding them or collagen peptides to protein and gut healing goodness.
- Serving Size: 8