A delicious and healthy treat with hidden nutrition!
- ½ bar Lily’s sweetened semi sweet dark chocolate baking bar, chopped (2oz)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Coconut Vanilla Beauty Greens
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- ¼ cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (or nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or melted ghee)
- 10 drops liquid stevia (or tbsp of preferred sweetener)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 tablespoons pepitas (more to taste)
- Line a small (8 1/2 x 4 1/2) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the dark chocolate and coconut oil, microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds or until soft. Add in the vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and shiny. Add in the Vital Proteins Beauty Greens and mix until smooth. If the mix is too thick, add in a teaspoon of coconut oil as needed.
- Pour the mix into the loaf pan and spread it in an even layer on the bottom. Sprinkle with pepitas and set in the freezer to harden.
- In the meantime combine the pumpkin, sunflower butter and coconut oil in a small bowl, microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften, then mix until smooth and unfirom in color.
- Add in the stevia, salt and pumpkin spice. Mix until well combined and cooled off.
- Pour this mix over the chocolate layer and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the pepitas on top and place in the freezer to harden, at least 45 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- Remove the slice from the mold by picking it up by the parchment paper.
- Set on a flat surface and cut into 8 even slices.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the freezer for grab and go snack.
The Vital Proteins Beauty Greens are not 100% necessary for the recipe to work, although I highly recommend adding them or collagen peptides to protein and gut healing goodness.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 149
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: pumpkin butter slice