Chocolate Chip Keto Cookies (Paleo, Dairy Free, AMAZING)
My Addiction… CHEWY COOKIES
These Chewy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies are the bees knees. It took a few tries, but I tell ya, they’re the best. THE BEST KETO COOKIES, EVER.
Chocolate chip cookies. I just love them. I will always choose them as the dessert if they are a choice. Crispy, soft, melt in your mouth or chewy. They’re just so good. But alas, once I went grain free it was difficult to find a satisfying recipe.
Giant Low Carb Cookies
Have you seen that recipe? It’s really good. Really close to perfect. The look, the flavor are spot on. The texture is actually best the next day. I’m realistic, I’m honest. I know the perfect cookie is hard to come by. So when I tell you that THIS IS IT. I am not fucking around. These gluten free, sugar free, low carb chocolate chip cookies are a favorite of anyone who makes them. 3 NET CARBS PER KETO COOKIE. CHEWY BECAUE OF THE ADDED GELATIN. SUPER CHOCOLATEY. Yup. The PERFECT KETO COOKIE.
For real, chewy.
Chocolately. Absolutely delicious. These are one of the most popular recipes on the blog, second to the Avocado Brownies. These are the cookies people make and then find themselves making them weekly. Everyone, even non-paleo boyfriends and spouses… mine included… LOVE these.
Macros, per cookie: C 113, F 11.2, Carbs 3.2, P 3.7
MAKE THEM. SHARE THEM. LOVE THEM. TAG ME. @THECASTAWAYKITCEN
*Over summer vacation, while visiting my sister I made a nut free version of these. Since I created this recipe I have omited nuts from my diet. That recipe will be public soon enough! Beleive it’s JUST as good as this one!*
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil (ghee or softened butter)
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/3 cup nut milk (I use cashew milk, or coconut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fine ground almond meal (from blanched almonds)
- 1 tbsp pastured gelatin (for chewy factor, but you can omit or use peptides for protein)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp to 1 tsp coarse or flake salt (if using fine salt only use 1/2 tsp)
- 1 cup chopped chocolate chunks or chips (I use Lily's)
- Pre heat oven to 325F convection (or 350F bake).
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg until frothy.
- Keep whisking as you add in the oil, vanilla and sweetener.
- Mix well.
- Add in the almond meal, baking soda, salt and gelatin. Whisk to combine the dry ingredients.
- Then combine the wet and dry ingredietnts with a spatula until the dough is crumbly.
- Add in the milk, mix well until the dough comes together again.
- Once the dough is moist, chop the chocolate into small pieces and fold it in.
- Shape 1 inch balls with the dough, place them 2 inches apart on a sheet pan liked with parchment paper.
- Gently flatten the cookies with the palm of your hand or the back of a spoon.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the base of the cookies turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool for ten minutes.
- Makes about 20 cookies.
- The gelatin is there to make them chewy once the cookies cool down. You can use peptides if you want a protein boost or you can omit them all together, the recipe is still bombdotcom.