One bowl and 15 minutes to the BEST Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie!
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp melted ghee (coconut oil or softened butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener, Lakanto (or coconut palm sugar for paleo)
- 2 cups fine ground almond meal or flour (from blanched almonds)
- 1 tbsp pastured gelatin (for chewy factor, but you may omit)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp flake salt (if using fine salt only use 1/4 tsp)
- 1/3 cup milk (I use cashew milk, or coconut milk)
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate (I use Alter Eco)
- Preheat oven to 325F convection (or 350F bake).
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg until frothy. Keep whisking as you add in the oil, vanilla, and sweetener. Mix well.
- Add in the almond meal, baking soda, salt, and gelatin. Whisk to combine the dry ingredients.
- Switch to a spatula and mix until the dough is crumbly. Add in the milk, mix well until the dough comes together again. Once the dough is moist, chop the chocolate into small pieces and fold in.
- Shape 1 inch balls with the dough, roll between your hands to make smooth, even balls, and place them 2 inches apart on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Gently flatten the cookies with the palm of your hand or the back of a spoon.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the base of the cookies turns golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool for ten minutes. Enjoy!
- READ THE POST FOR NUT FREE AND EGG FREE VARIATIONS
- The gelatin is there to make them chewy once the cookies cool down. You can use peptides if you want a protein boost or you can omit them altogether, the recipe is still bomb dot com.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 14.6g
- Carbohydrates: 2g (net)
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4.1g
Keywords: keto chocolate chip cookies