You Put What In Your Burger?
Nut butter! In your turkey burger? Yes! Think of Thai cuisine where peanuts are cooked with all the time, or tahini! Then I saw this one thing on Instagram where someone ate a burger patty with sun butter on it and I was like what??? But it inspired this recipe! Thai Turkey Burgers. Spiced and nutty and perfect for meal prep.
Lot’s Of Flavor No Fuss
The stranges ingredients in thsi recipe is the Red Boat Fish Sauce, it’s really the only one on the market that isn’t full of sugar or fillers. Fish sauce gives good umami flavor, a savory depth that is just delicous. You can buy it almost anywhere that also carries coconut aminos, which are the GO-TO replcament for soy sauce in the paleo world.
Makes A Big Batch!
Whoohoo… I love recipes that cook up extras. Cook one, eat twice, or thrice 😉 I use a big ice cream scoop to shape these patties quickly on to the sheet pan. Then I gently press down to flatten and pop ’em in the oven! Shredded Carrots optional! If you’re looking for a nut free version, easy.. use tahini or sunflower seed butter!
Thai Turkey Burger (Whole30, Paleo, Keto)
- 2lbs ground turkey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond butter, crunchy-unsweetened
- 1 tsp garlic salt, I use Redmond Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp onion salt, I use Redmond Real Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp minced ginger (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (optional)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Mix everything in a large bowl until thoroughly and evenly combined.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Shape 4-6 ounce patties. Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.