Paleo Pancakes: legit (Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20
- 1/4 cup nut milk (I used cashew milk)
- 2 egg
- 1/2 tsp Honey (or preferred liquid sweetener)
- 1/2 cup fine ground blanched almond meal
- 3 level tbsp Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pumpkin Spice Seasoning (optional, leave out for plain pancakes)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Tin Star Brown Butter Ghee for cooking
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- For topping
- Extra pecans
- 1 tsp Tin Star Brown Butter Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Honey Drizzle on top (Or maple syrup)
- You will need two bowls, a spatula and a griddle or skillet.
- In one bowl, add all the wet ingredients (eggs, milk, honey, vanilla, vinegar). Whisk to combine. Don’t over mix.
- In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients, except the pecans.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix with a spatula to combine.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Heat the skillet or griddle on medium- high heat.
- Drop a little ghee down, use a 1/4 cup scoop to drop the pancake batter.
- Will make 4 medium pancakes.
- Pour batter, once the edges are cooked and there are little bubbles, gently flip the pancake. Cook for another 1-3 minutes.
- I usually cook my pancakes in a 6″ skillet, one at a time so I don’t mess them up 🙂
- Stack, top with extra ghee, pecans and or honey or maple.
- If you need eight pancakes, I would make two batches instead of doubling the batter if you want 8 pancakes because the cassava flour does not duplicate well in recipes.