I love a good blender batter pancake mix. These nut-free paleo banana pancakes are made with simple, allergen-friendly ingredients and make the fluffiest and yummiest pancakes that taste like banana bread!
You Need This Banana Goodness
Forget the ol’ banana and almond butter pancake, we all know they don’t really turn out that great. These, however, are just as easy to make, and come out thick and fluffy and really filling. They’re fluffy but not dry and you can add chocolate chips or chopped nuts or whatever you want. They’re versatile and so delicious, I know my son loves this recipe for nut-free paleo banana pancakes.
Grab Your Paleo Pancake Ingredients
- A ripe banana – this is the base of the recipe, it adds moisture and sweetness! I like it ripe and sweet but a yellowish green banana will work too.
- Coconut cream or coconut yogurt adds fat to to the recipe.
- You can use honey, or any sweetener you prefer.
- Coconut flour is the nut free flour to use here, it soaks up all those eggs and thats why this pancake recipe is so good for a balanced paleo breakfast.
How to Make Nut Free Paleo Pancakes
- Start by combining the banana, and all of the ingredients except the flour and honey in the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Lower the speed and add in the flour one spoonful at a time until the pancake batter is nice and thick.
- Use a spatula to scrape the paleo pancake batter down.
- On a hot and lighty greased skillet, cook 1/4 cup of batter per pancake until edges look done.
- Flip over and cook for 2 minutes uncovered and then 2 minutes covered.
- You want to cook nut free paleo banana pancakes on medium to medium low heat.
Frequently Asked Questions
I haven’t tested it, but 1/2 a cup of tiger nut flour might work.
No, you can use a bowl. You would need to start my mashing the banana until it’s really smooth like a puree. Then you would add in the milk, eggs, etc, and whisk vigorously until froth. Then add the flour;
Looking for more free recipes?
Super fall and fluffy stack made with a blender batter.
- 1 large banana
- 3 large eggs
- 2 heaping tablespoons full-fat coconut milk (or coconut milk yogurt)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons. coconut flour (6 tbsp)
- honey to serve
- In a blender combine eggs, banana, coconut milk, baking soda and cinnamon and blend on high until smooth.
- Lower speed and spoon in the coconut flour until the batter is thick.
- Stop the blender, use a spatula to scrape down the mix.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Lightly grease the skillet. Use a 1/4 cup scoop to make the pancakes. The mix will make 4 pancakes.
- Cook until the bottom and edges are browned, then carefully flip over. When the bottom and edges are browned again, lower the heat and cover with a lid for 2 minutes.
- These pancakes are tall and thick and need to cook through, without burning the outside, so cook on medium or medium-low heat.
- Yum! Serve with a honey drizzle (and berries).
- Top with chopped nuts or chocolate chips!
- Recipes make 4 1/4 cup pancakes.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 136
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: Nut Free Paleo Banana Pancakes