Everybody has a favorite holiday cookie… and these perfectly spiced gluten-free cardamom cookies are about to become yours! This spiced cookie recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes, flexible with flour, and always melts in your mouth.
Why You’ll Love These Cardamom Cookies
These gluten-free and paleo cardamom cookies are delicious, wholesome, and perfect for sweater season. Cardamom is an aromatic seed-based spice that is common in winter recipes- it’s warming, herbal, and flavorful without being truly spicy.
This recipe is grain-free and made with no refined sugars. It’s a treat that is easy to make AND feels good to eat. The combination of melty chocolate chunks, cinnamon, and the unique flavor and aroma of cardamom offers that special comfort only a holiday treat can have.
Grab Your Ingredients!
This recipe is really flexible!
Step-by-Step Paleo Cardamom Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour mix, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the butter & sugar.
- Then add in eggs one at a time. Lastly, add the vanilla. Once well combined…
- Add the flour & spice mix to the wet ingredients, and mix little by little.
- When fully incorporated add in chocolate. Mix again. Then, set the dough in the fridge for an hour.
- Use a 2oz scoop to shape cookies and set them 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes and then let cool before handling. The dough will bake about 24 gluten-free cardamom cookies.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use Spectrum Fair Trade palm oil shortening instead or coconut oil instead.
You can use vanilla extract- 1tsp.
Yes! They won’t be grain-free any longer but will still be delicious, I recommend Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 GF blend.
Looking for more free recipes?
Perfectly spiced paleo cookies- great for any holiday treat!
- 2 cups SIFTED Otto’s Cassava Flour (I highly recommend using this brand)
- 1 1/4 cups Kerry Gold Butter or Coconut Oil, softened
- 2 pastured eggs, room temp
- 1 vanilla bean scraping, or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups maple sugar (or granulated sweetener of choice)
- 1 1/2 bag chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour mix, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the butter & sugar. Then add in eggs one at a time—lastly, vanilla.
- Once well combined, add the flour & spice mix to the wet ingredients, mixing little by little.
- When fully incorporated add in chocolate. Mix again. Set dough in the fridge for an hour.
- Use a 2-ounce scoop to shape cookies and set them 3 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool before handling. Enjoy!
- The dough will bake about 24 cookies.
- Due to a few comments, I edited the recipe – I used Otto’s Cassava Flour and Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 GF flour. Which are very absorbent. The original recipe was 1 1/2 cup butter – now it’s 1 1/4 cups.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 147
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: gluten free cardamom chocolate chip cookies