I love eggs. I mean I really LOOOOOVVVEEE eggs. That yolk-y goodness is just irreplaceable, but even I like to do a little egg-less breakfast every now & then. I learned this skill during my AIP elimination phase. I wish I had thought this one up back then! It’s the brain-food baby of a paleo quiche I made & my cauli-alfredo sauce. Really… foods get it on in my head & make beautiful babies. I know, I’m weird. This egg-free breakfast pot pie is so good!
Egg free breakfast pot pie is perfect to make ahead! You can put these together and store until ready to cook, or cook them all ahead, and store until ready to eat! Or prepare them for a brunch!
*Update I’ve made a cashew cream for my non-AIPers & a simpler cauliflower cream for this recipe… & two different variations
You can make it with riced cauliflower or riced sweet potato & with cauli-cream or cashew cream! I like the riced cauli with cashew cream for a low-carb (not AIP) version & the riced sweet potato with cauli cream for a hearty AIP version! But you can combine it how you see fit! Egg Free breakfast pot pies are versatile!
Looking for more free recipes?
Egg free, AIP/ low carb breakfast
What you’ll need:
- 2 large pots
- 4 12-16 oz ramekins
- 2–3 Japanese sweet potato (or 2 cups riced cauliflower)
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 8 slices bacon (sugar, nightshade free)
- 2 cups cauli-fredo (or cashew cream)
- 2 cups raw whole cashews + water to soak + 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 head cauliflower (about 2 cups diced)
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 inch nub of fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat, creamy part
- 1/2 cup broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Place cashews in container & cover with water, mix in salt.
- Soak 3-4 hours. Drain & rinse, drain again.
- Then mix with remaining ingredient list in vitamix, blend until smooth.
- Use prod to keep it moving.
- Don’t stop when it’s almost smooth and you still see little grains, you want it silky!
- Store in airtight container in fridge, up to a week. Makes about 2 cups.
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, ginger, dice the cauliflower. Do not mix, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pot heat coconut oil. Add in onion, ginger & garlic.
- Sauté for 6 minutes.
- Add in cauliflower. Stir occasionally for 6 minutes.
- Add in 1/2 cup broth, 1/2 cup coconut cream, 2 tbsp lemon juice, pinch salt.
- Stir. Lower heat. Cover.
- Simmer until cauli is fork tender.
- Transfer to a blender, blend until smooth. Makes 1/2 quart. Store in the fridge.
- Put it on all the things!
- Peel sweet potato, then grate it using a cheese grater or grater attachment of food processor.
- (alternatively, grate or rice the cauliflower now)
In 4, medium sized, oven safe, ramekins build your pot pies
- 1st layer: 1/2 cup riced sweet potato (or cauliflower)
- 2nd layer: 1 cup chopped kale, you can also add cabbage, spinach etc.
- 3rd layer: 1/2 cup cauli-fredo, be sure to get it on top and on the sides of the kale (or cashew cream)
- 4th layer/ crust: Arrange 2 slices of bacon, cut in half, to 4 short slices on across the top & tuck in the sides… you can also use prosciutto, or if you don’t do pork, crack 2 eggs on the the top & they will bake right on!
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, until bacon is at desired crispiness.
- Serving Size: 1 ramekin
- Calories: 646
- Fat: 40
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Fiber: 22
- Protein: 24
Keywords: egg free breakfast pot pie